Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Public Shout Out!  (Read 516 times)

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
Public Shout Out!
« on: May 21, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »
Hello, my name is Jeff and I just joined a little while ago. After posting a WTB for a fixer-upper kettle project a very nice member named Alfredo a.k.a avega2792 offered to GIVE ME my very first kettle. It is a red 1975 700 model. It needs a full restoration as it has seen a decent bit of wear and tear, but very usable in its current condition. Another gentleman who stepped up to make this dream come true is Dan a.k.a. backyardbbq, who acted as the agent to get it to me. It arrived at my front door in a Weber box. I want to publicly give a great, hearty, shout out to these members whom I feel are fine examples of what it means to be a real Weber Kettle Club member. You guys are the best; you all set the standard.
Best wishes always,
Gill McGriller

Llllets get ready to grill! (sounding like Michael Buffer)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 07:39:09 PM by Gill McGriller »
1999 red & black Genesis, '75 red 700 Series

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
Re: Public Shout Out!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 11:04:43 AM »
I want to show pics of the unboxing and set-up. How do you add pics to a posting? I do not see an option to do that.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 11:48:24 AM »
If you're using the browser on a pc, hit the quote button on the right of the post above, remove the text and put in what you want to say, then go to the +attachments box below your text window and attach files.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 12:04:16 PM »
Your life is about to change my friend. Buckle in and enjoy the ride. There’s just something special about cooking on a kettle. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 12:05:18 PM »
If you're using the iPhone app, just reply to the post and at the bottom hit the picture icon and select a picture(s) to attach.  You have to do one at a time, same process in a reply post.  Hope these ideas help.  I'd like to see your '75 red head!

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 05:56:56 AM »
Congratulations! And nice work, fellas!

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:14 AM »
@backyardbbq @avega2792 great guys doing it the WKC way!  Thats what it's all about.  RRR

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 07:55:45 AM »
These two guys really showed me the correct WKC spirit! Bama, thanks for the info on pics. I'll get round to adding them to this thread this coming week. Thanks, everyone.

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 07:42:23 PM »
MoparProud, I appreciate your kudos. I'm a Mopar fan from way back, since around 1976. I am currently turning a '68 Valiant Signet into a street terror! I really look forward to firing-up that grill for the first time! I haven't used a charcoal grill since around 1999. It has been a very long time.

Everyone, thanks for the shout-outs and for giving these guys a big thumbs-up!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 07:44:06 PM by Gill McGriller »

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 05:31:41 AM »
MoparProud, I appreciate your kudos. I'm a Mopar fan from way back, since around 1976. I am currently turning a '68 Valiant Signet into a street terror! I really look forward to firing-up that grill for the first time! I haven't used a charcoal grill since around 1999. It has been a very long time.

You can post your car picks too! It does have a grill; I don’t see a problem 8)
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 08:30:24 PM »

You can post your car picks too! It does have a grill; I don’t see a problem 8)
You know what, you do have a point there. I have a '68 Ply. Valiant Signet project car that will be getting a big hp engine and will be put on a serious diet.