Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Starter  (Read 540 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Charcoal Starter
« on: March 04, 2022, 09:53:11 AM »
Got me a new toy today..... I've been waiting for these to be in stock at my local Harbor Freight and they came in today.  I've been looking at the grillgun from grillblazer, but at $200 I couldn't do it.  This one was less than $40 with tax so what have I got to lose.....Plus I can kill grass in the driveway cracks and ant hills.  Can't wait to try it out!

https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-91037.html

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 09:54:49 AM by bamakettles »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Charcoal Starter
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »
us boys and our toys !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »
Just thought of another use......  Crème brûlée!

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 01:41:03 PM »
Lady on FBMP near me selling one for 20. Muahahaha
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 02:36:32 PM »
Lady on FBMP near me selling one for 20. Muahahaha

Yeah, being a cheapo unit, I'd get the new one.  Maybe this one will last a while, we'll see.

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 03:12:01 PM »
Bama, did you like this? I have been looking at the grillblazer in an attempt to hopefully get to cooking temps faster. I’m selling a few things and I was planning on buying something like this and was curious of your input. Thanks for any insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 04:31:03 PM »
For the real Minion Method!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 03:08:30 AM »

Bama, did you like this? I have been looking at the grillblazer in an attempt to hopefully get to cooking temps faster. I’m selling a few things and I was planning on buying something like this and was curious of your input. Thanks for any insights!

I do like it, but have only used it for lighting my fire once.  The hassle of getting out a propane tank, taking it out of the box and connecting it has kept me from using it.  Heck, I don’t even use a chimney anymore.  I’m more of a pile of charcoal and stick a tumbleweed in guy now.  I did use the torch to melt ice off the sidewalk once and I’ve used it to burn weeds/grass out of the driveway cracks.  For lighting my grill I’d prefer the more expensive portable grill gun simply due to convenience.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

vader

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 02:35:43 AM »
The grill gun cost $100 when first introduced, $200 now is just crazy. It is a great conversation piece if you have guest over.

Dadkc

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 09:34:25 AM »
Been using a torch at home 40+ years. When camping I use the chimney and newspaper.

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 10:07:42 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I’m going to go get the torch from harbor freight that bama posted about. I figure it’s worth $50. I have a small propane tank from an old performer I can hook it to. Thanks again everyone!!