Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: C code factory sweeper?  (Read 329 times)

Aaron.h

• Smokey Joe
C code factory sweeper?
« on: June 24, 2021, 03:28:31 AM »
Howdy guys. In Australia people seem to think all C code are daisy no C code have sweepers. But there's a fair few been seen for sale. I also have one!

Any thoughts from you guys in usa

Sent from my SM-G975F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: C code factory sweeper?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 03:55:54 AM »
one touch came out in 1982 according to Weber, could be that some 1981 grills got the one touch ?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 04:54:03 PM »
I have a C code one touch.  One of the last Arlington Heights grills I believe. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron.h

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 01:21:43 AM »
Where did you find the info about one touch in C code by weber?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 04:11:05 AM »
Where did you find the info about one touch in C code by weber?

On their website, plus here at the WKC

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 07:05:58 AM »

The letter Code stamp indicates a grill's model year, not a calendar year of the grill. Like the automobile industry, Weber's model year runs from October 1 to the following September 30. This means that a C Code is a 1981 model year but may have been manufactured anytime between 10/1/80 and 9/30/81.  Complicating the dating issue is Weber would use any left over inventory of lid vent dampers from the previous year. 

*(source - TVWB)  https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/determine-age-weber-grills-smokers/

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »
Also, 1982 was a transitional year for Weber as both the introduction of the One Touch sweepers and the move from Arlington Heights to Palatine was in progress. 1983 E code is the last year the kettles were stamped with Arlington Heights, ILL. Some C codes even have little Ds added to the bowl vents in addition to the C stamp suggesting that it's a 1982 model.

D stamped MBH (pre 1981) kettles are still a mystery. There have been 78 and 79 A code and 80 B code MBH kettles with a "D" added on all vents. It's been suggested that those were either "demo" kettles or some have gone as far as to suggest that they were leftover/old stock kettles that were on hand at the factory in 1982. That is NOT confirmed. I love my A code (D stamped) red 22.

Sorry, no thread jacking intended. The talk about C codes peaked my interest. I haven't seen a C code One Touch yet myself. That's one I'd love to find.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 08:29:36 PM »
I have had handful or more traditional C code kettles and never seen a one touch C code. Just my anecdotal contribution but I will also add I have a B code MBH 18 with c/d vents, so there was definitely some interesting things going on during those years.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow