Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Letting go and they come back  (Read 414 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Letting go and they come back
« on: June 07, 2021, 03:45:51 AM »
In the 9 or so years that I have been engaged with the WKC, there have been times that I have let a kettle go and then had sellers remorse.  It doesn't happen often but it has.  In 2014 I scored an amazing Lime that I immediately sold to @MrHoss and while I had remorse I did gain a good friend so I was OK with it.  In 2017 when Mike was thinning his collection he sold it back to me at cost to him, he refused to let it go to anyone else even though he could have more than doubled his money.
Well this happened again, in 2018 @randy asked me if I wanted a 76 Copper mist, offered it for a very good price so I bought it.  I loved that grill it has some unique features including the way the mist is on the kettle.  I also love the 1 year run of the etched Weber on the lid vent, pic posted for anyone new to the hobby.  Continuing on, last year another member gave me an amazing deal on a lot of grills and one of them was a Pat Pending copper mist, Randy had already reached out and said if I ever were to let the one he sold to me go to reach out to him.  I decided to let Randy have his old grill back in a trade.  Well, while I liked the Pat Pending I LOVED the etched Weber.  I was happy though that Randy was happy.  Randy recently reached out and asked if I wanted the Copper mist back, Uh yes here take my money, then he said how about an early 70's fleetwood, and for good measure about about a Gen 4 performer.  The price was too good to pass up, I needed to take an 80 mile trip to Toledo before he changed his mind. For goo measure he through in one of his custom made slow and sear's and vortex along with a smokey Joe.  I just kept coming. 
I keep saying this over and over, throughout the years we have seen people who are dog eat dog with this hobby they try to suck every ounce of blood out of everyone they meet.  They always need the upper hand and seem to look at people as the next victim instead of what they are, people.  I am living proof that when you "do unto others as they would want you to treat them" (Golden Rule modified) that so many times it comes back to you for the better.  I am not bragging, I am just sharing I have made so many great friends on this forum and in this hobby, I wouldn't change a thing.

With that, if anyone is looking for a Pat Pending Copper Mist I am selling it here.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=48638.0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:52:24 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Letting go and they come back
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 03:59:50 AM »
I must agree @LightningBoldtz I am more here for the people and the friendships I have been lucky to create over the years. This is definitely a unique forum in a good way !! I have amassed a grate collection of grills with a lot of help from many a good folk here.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 06:55:06 AM »
I love the fellowship of this group.  The facebook groups are nice, but the knowledge sharing and the willingness to help one another is second to none.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »
I agree with all the posts above.  I still consider myself a bit of a newb here but appreciate the helping and welcoming attitude of everyone that fosters a safe place to share and learn.  I really appreciate you all!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 09:29:19 AM »
@LightningBoldtz Great story! I do agree and now I want that fleetwood! Something about the black 26ers. I have made a lot of friends as well. I go away when things get busy but keep coming back. You are how I got started with the group too!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 06:51:49 PM »
Jeff you’re alway been a stand up dude and treated me fair, no matter if I was buying or selling. I’m glad they went to a deserving home.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 03:51:48 AM »
 I love these posts. I have been helped so much with understanding kettles and the possibilities of cooking and collecting.  Seriously grateful!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 08:24:35 PM »
Love the 77s! Congratulations on getting her back!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app