Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber jumbo Joe age?  (Read 241 times)

MapleLeaf.kettle

• Smokey Joe
Weber jumbo Joe age?
« on: June 06, 2021, 04:10:17 AM »
Hello everyone, I’m currently talking to someone who has a grill for sale that I’m a bit interested in. All they have is a picture of the top of the grill, in which I could see the lid bale and a picture of a Jumbo Joe off of a website. I was just wondering what year did Weber start manufacturing them? This one seems to be older as it doesn’t have the “Taco” heat shield and I don’t know where to ask for them to look for the serial number. They’re asking $50, would it be worth that or should we do a little bargaining?

Thank you

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Weber jumbo Joe age?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:53:50 AM »
Ask for a photo of the lid vent, there should be a letter code you can use to determine age with this guide:  http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/

I want to say the older Outriders came about sometime in the 90’s, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. 

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 04:59:27 AM »
They’re asking $50, would it be worth that or should we do a little bargaining?

Thank you

Bought mine on sale at one of the Big-Box stores, $15. Could not pass it up.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

MapleLeaf.kettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 06:35:55 PM »
Ask for a photo of the lid vent, there should be a letter code you can use to determine age with this guide:  http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/

I want to say the older Outriders came about sometime in the 90’s, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes I asked for a picture, but they told me the serial and it appears to be a 2017 model, strange I’d figure that it would have the upgraded heat shield. Thanks for your reply

MapleLeaf.kettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 06:39:25 PM »
They’re asking $50, would it be worth that or should we do a little bargaining?

Thank you

Bought mine on sale at one of the Big-Box stores, $15. Could not pass it up.

My mother taught me not to be jealous, but for $15 allow me to be a little envious of you. I’m not sure where you are, but in Canada every Weber grill is always full price and if it ever was on sale, the savings are negligible.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 07:03:38 PM »
Hello everyone, I’m currently talking to someone who has a grill for sale that I’m a bit interested in. All they have is a picture of the top of the grill, in which I could see the lid bale and a picture of a Jumbo Joe off of a website. I was just wondering what year did Weber start manufacturing them? This one seems to be older as it doesn’t have the “Taco” heat shield and I don’t know where to ask for them to look for the serial number. They’re asking $50, would it be worth that or should we do a little bargaining?

Thank you
It's worth whatever you want to pay for it.  50 CAD is about 40 USD. That's not unreasonable.  But, it only matters what you think.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;