Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Best Lid Mount Thermometer?  (Read 221 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Best Lid Mount Thermometer?
« on: May 23, 2021, 04:15:33 AM »
Since no one responded to my question on Tel-True, must not be a popular thermometer.

So what is the best and most accurate aftermarket lid-mount thermometer? I have two more ordered from Tel-True, but might return them.

I have read that the thermometer that comes standard from Weber is not accurate at all.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Best Lid Mount Thermometer?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:23:40 AM »
Tel Tru makes a great thermo, I think most folks use a remote probe type to monitor grate Temps versus the temp at the top of the dome

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 04:37:52 AM »
I’m rocking a Tel-Tru BQ100 in my mini-MT, but honestly I only monitor grate temps and internal temps with a digital thermo. 

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 05:19:45 AM »
Is there a wireless lid thermo?  Or the only way is to drop a probe in from the top vent?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bait

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »
I use both the Tel-Tru and the stock Weber lid thermometers. Honestly, I don’t care about accuracy so much - I just learn how the thermometer reads in relation to how I grill. It’s more of relative thing. Use a better probe thermometer on the grate to focus on accurate temps for cooks that require it.

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 10:06:10 AM »
I just learn how the thermometer reads in relation to how I grill. It’s more of relative thing. Use a better probe thermometer on the grate to focus on accurate temps for cooks that require it.
Pretty much my philosophy as well, has worked pretty good for me over the years

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk