Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glen Blues  (Read 410 times)

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
Glen Blues
« on: March 09, 2021, 10:56:57 PM »
I’d like to thank @JonesBBQ  for the hook up on the Glen blue 26 lid and bowl.  I was able to find a few kettles being sold together including a newer black 26. I will be using the 26 as a parts kettle and ended up selling the lid and bowl to a WKC member (he has quite the boneyard and I'm sure it will be rebuilt). This and selling the other kettles helped offset the cost for the Glen 26er.  Not long ago I saw a post here about someone looking for information regarding his glen blue 22 bowl. He got some information and some suggestions on pricing if he were to sell.  He ended up listing it on eBay and soon after @Joep  posted that there was also an eBay auction for a Glen blue lid.  After seeing this I ended up getting in contact with the seller of the bowl and inquired about purchasing it. We had a good chat and decided on a price pending if I were to obtain the lid (I didn’t really need half a Glen blue kettle).  I then reached out to the seller of the lid and was able to purchase it.  The lid arrived first and a few days later I took a trip to San Francisco to pick up the bowl. Frank, the seller of the lid said he posted it after seeing the bowl on eBay. Both sellers said they were hoping someone would purchase them to make one complete kettle. I learned from Frank that the lid was used as part of a fire pit before he rescued it.  I never spent as much money as I did on obtaining these two pieces to form one kettle. But after selling a few I am only out the time it took me to drive to San Francisco. I am grateful for WKC and all the information held within this site. I am grateful to the members here that make this site what it is.  Kettle karma is real and I believe these two kettles are a perfect example. If you’re looking for your grail I would suggest you stop looking. When it’s feasible,  help others without asking anything in return.  Then, seemingly out of nowhere you might just happen upon what you’re looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 11:01:10 PM by 1spacemanspiff »
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Joep

• WKC Brave
Re: Glen Blues
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:24:27 PM »
Great story! You deserve the kettle karma. Helped me out a few times! I was thinking about that lid and the beautiful patina. Have fun with it!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 04:01:31 AM »
Awesome story from a grate member, love the kettle and karma here
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 04:02:53 AM »
Made my morning reading this!  [emoji170]congrats. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 06:16:14 AM »
Wonderful story Sidney.  I was wondering who got those GBs..... Congrats on the additions!  Glen Blue cooks coming soon I hope.

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »
This is awesome! So happy for you. Taking this opportunity to say again, if you guys need anything in San Diego let me know and I will do my best to help. Can’t wait to see them put together!

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 05:55:53 PM »
Thats fantastic and I love the lid on this thing

Sent from my SM-N976B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 03:37:26 AM »
Great acquisitions Sydney. So happy that you were able to get that vintage glen parts  together. 
WKC karma is real!!