Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available  (Read 818 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available
« on: February 11, 2021, 06:52:11 AM »
These have been out of stock for some time, now appear to be a few at a good price on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JF98DLP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 07:52:29 AM »
Maybe my link didn't work?  Thanks @Raindog

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 08:04:09 AM »
Weird. First time it took me to generic Amazon page. Seems to work now. Thanks for the heads up on the rotisserie.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 08:24:56 AM »
Mine did the same for your link......All good, thanks again.

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 08:34:16 PM »
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 12:43:04 PM »
Bama /Raindog did you buy the rotisserie if so how does it fit looks like the reviews are hit and miss

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 01:10:43 PM »
Bama /Raindog did you buy the rotisserie if so how does it fit looks like the reviews are hit and miss

Tracking shows delivered today......I'll check it out tonight and see how she fits.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »
My delivery was nitrile gloves and SS charcoal grates..... still waiting on this roti.  I’ll update the thread when it arrives and I can try the fit.  I have early 80s GGA and CGA and a 90s (I think) GGA with the newer lid and will try the fit.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 03:51:42 PM »
The rotisserie arrived today and I assembled it this evening.  First impression:  good.  Stainless steel?  Yes.  All parts are there?  Yes.  Upon closer inspection the battery door on the motor was broken.  The clip was broken off.  Ok, not a huge deal so I went ahead with the assembly and first fit.  It's a very stout riser with what looks to be SS hardware.  Got it all together and it is a bit of a challenge to fit it onto the GA.  But, once in place is very solid and not going to separate from the base of the GA once the cook is underway.  Fairly pleased at this point.  Batteries in and the motor makes noise but does not spin.  I took it apart and the motor is sealed - at least more than I wanted to disassemble in case they want pictures or want it back.  Email is in to service at onlyfire to see if they will replace the motor or if I just send the whole thing back through Amazon.  I did have an idea to try my Weber 120VAC electric motor on the unit and it doesn't fit the motor mount unfortunately.  So the jury is still out......would like to have a working roti for the GGA and CGA but not sure it can happen.  Also the spit is in two pieces and when tightened together the square shape of each half does not align.  That kinda sets off my OCD but I think I can live with it, knowing that it will be inside the meat and I don't have to see it during a cook lol..... Pics to follow and will follow up with onlyfire's response.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 03:52:54 PM »

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 06:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the review. Looks like there is only one left not sure what to do.....:/

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 06:16:34 PM »
@bamakettles
Cool looking roti!
If you decide to keep the roti, I can fab you a SS spit rod. My guess it’s 5/16” square.
What’s the width of the stamped steel bracket that the roti attaches to, is it 2.90 ? 

Just asking because I have a spare OneGrill roti motor, that might fit.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 07:21:22 PM »
EDIT:

I sent my inquiry to the wrong address.  Going to try again today to get a replacement motor.

Thanks Robert, I’ll measure it tonight.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:47:57 AM by bamakettles »

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 09:10:19 PM »
I wrote a review under the name Jeremy.  I ordered 4 of these:

1)  Sent sent the wrong item.  They sent a spatula kit.  I was in Kazakhstan at the time and my wife had no idea what I ordered and said something came.  By the time I was finally back for a vacation, I realized the sent the wrong item.  It was too late to return.  Out almost $100.

2) When I was back for my for week USA visit, I wanted one still.  Can’t lest sunk costs drive future decisions...  Ordered one and put it together and it didn’t fit.  Sent it back and got money back.

3) I was demobilized from Kazakhstan in September.  I knew I was going to be in the USA for several months minimum.  I was going to only have my CGA so I wanted versatility.  Ordered another one.  This one BARELY fit, but I could put it on consistently.  Thought everything was good.  Then got ready to use it and the motor didn’t work.

4) Called Amazon and they sent another unit, swapped the motor, and sent the new unit back with the broken motor (per their instructions).  Finally have a working unit!

I returned to Kazakhstan in January, but in three months did tons of cooks.  Honestly I think it does better pulled pork than my Summit Charcoal...