Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Black 26  (Read 362 times)

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
Black 26
« on: February 05, 2021, 09:26:43 AM »
I've been searching for a 26in kettle for more than a year. My primary reason for wanting one was for rib cooks. 2 on the 22 always seemed cramped and I was cutting my St. Louis' smaller than I like. I tried the horizontal rib racks but didn't like my rub being disturbed when rotating or moving the meat. 

Sadly, I missed the boat for the Glen Blue. Had my money all saved and skipped over to the Weber site and....no more. Felt a little like Charlie Bucket when the last golden ticket was found lol. All good though. I found this black 26 for $60 and brought it home, and very happy!

It will likely be my daily driver now. Any suggestions on accessories or mods would be appreciated. I'll probably look for a SNS xl.
Not crazy about the ash catcher on this. Does anyone know if the newer style can be swapped for it?

Thanks fellas

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Black 26
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 10:29:48 AM »
congrats on your 26er snsxl is sweet in a 26 and the ash bucket will swap out, funny because I like the old twist style versus the squeeze type. Meat is the best accessory !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 11:07:12 AM »
congrats on your 26er snsxl is sweet in a 26 and the ash bucket will swap out, funny because I like the old twist style versus the squeeze type. Meat is the best accessory !!
Thanks Joe! I think the ash sweep ring is twisted slightly so getting the ash bucket off is tedious. "Meat is the best accessory" [emoji118]
That's brilliant lol

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 11:17:06 AM »
I imagine the last owner had the same problem with the bucket and swapped it on the kettle they were moving on, seeing that it's a newer taco handle. You should be able to just squeeze it back to round and reinstall if not I think this one would have came with the new ring and bucket anyway and will mount easily.

Grate find easier to beat up and keep dirty when you didn't drop a car payment on it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 11:23:38 AM »
Nice kettle! Congrats!
Btw. I’m also a big fan of the old twist style I would never substitute it. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
Nice!
With the money you saved, you could really pick up about any accessory and still come out ahead.
But I’m with Joe, meat!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »
Congrats on the savings!  Looks like you bought it from a lefty with the service handles on the left...always thought I might move mine around, but learned as a righty and it seems natural to me now.  You might work with it a bit and free it up.  I actually prefer that one over the new squeezer.  SNS XL would be sweet in that beauty.  I look forward to seeing your first rib cook!

Thundermtn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 04:14:38 PM »
Congrats on a grate score! The first thing I made on my 26" was ribs, go ahead and get three racks for the first time. The vast expanse of that much grill will leave you wanting if your first go round is a lonely single slab.

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
Congrats on a grate score! The first thing I made on my 26" was ribs, go ahead and get three racks for the first time. The vast expanse of that much grill will leave you wanting if your first go round is a lonely single slab.
You can bet on that! I'll be doing at least 2

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 05:59:40 PM »
BTW guys, I bought this on Ralph's site the other day. Ralphs is a west coast grocery chain in case you're not familiar. They are selling them for $159. I was surprised to see them and these were limited so go for it if you'd like one!

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 06:00:32 PM »
Thanks for all the great feedback too, I love this club!

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 06:19:31 PM »
Congrats on the 26er. You can get up 7 racks of ribs if you roll em like this. Js

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Thundermtn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2021, 06:24:09 PM »
Thanks for that info! Is there a thanks button someplace?

Anyway I was wanting one of those, and now there's one on the way.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
Congrats on the 26er. You can get up 7 racks of ribs if you roll em like this. Js

Tells us we can do seven, and shows a picture with three!!!

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 06:48:22 PM »

Tells us we can do seven, and shows a picture with three!!!
Lol, you're correct sir, I have no picture of 7, but if you can't imagine it from my picture Idk what to tell you. It can be done!