Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Wisconsin  (Read 737 times)

wingnutt

• Smokey Joe
Hello from Wisconsin
« on: January 25, 2021, 11:31:10 AM »
Hi All,

Greetings from the tundra!

After having and using a Skyline 1200 for 20+ years (used 2x a week and still like new), I needed a challenge.  My new 26" Kettle is only 9 days old and has made thick cut pork chops, racks of ribs, brats and a 12 hour smoked pork shoulder (yesterday).  Before now, I had only cooked with coals when camping/hunting and love the challenge. 

Cooking with coals is a lot like being the engineer of a steam locomotive.  There is a certain amount of planning required, as well as keeping up with the vent settings to keep the internal temps stable and predictable.  I grill/smoke outside no matter what the weather and this Kettle is amazing at holding what you set.  Looking forward to some mods and getting my techniques all dialed in.

Cheers,
wingnutt

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 11:51:54 AM »
Welcome from Doraville, Ga. choosing a 26er was a grate move !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

wingnutt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 12:21:33 PM »
Thank you!  I was dead set on the 22, but with a stainless grate and coal bins standard, not to mention cooking for 6-12 people often, it was a no-brainer.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 12:46:35 PM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  Congrats on the 26er.  I plan on cooking on mine this year lol.....

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 03:11:27 PM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  You definitely made the right choice going with the 26”. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 03:13:29 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 08:43:13 PM »
Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app