Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Double Rivet Handle Question  (Read 619 times)

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Double Rivet Handle Question
« on: June 19, 2020, 02:59:19 PM »
I have this handle on a Pat Pending kettle where the rivets are protruding higher than the wood. The handle is weather worn but seems to be close to the original thickness. Is it possible to recess the rivets with something such as a nail set. I'd like to not replace the handle. Any suggestions, ideas on what course I can take?

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Double Rivet Handle Question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »
If they will not go down into the handle any further you could file them flush with it. Are you planning on restoring the original handle also?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
If they will not go down into the handle any further you could file them flush with it. Are you planning on restoring the original handle also?

Thanks Kneab,

I'd like to keep original original handle and restore but I figure before I start banging on the rivets I better find out if it's possible to drive them  in. Seems like there is quite a bit of recess to the rivets when I see new old stock photos so I can't imagine the wood wore down that much.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 03:22:57 PM »
I have had a couple that I have restored that sat up like yours. Just try to keep the file flat.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere