Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Chicago meet master thread  (Read 86628 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
Oh, man.  Wish I could have been there!  Great to see the photos and faces, though. And great to see the support from the Weber Mothership. 
One of the charcoal people.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
Regarding the one in between the two yellows:  is it black?  It looks dark brown.   ???
That's my '74 Kettle. The brown color is from a fine patina of rust (that is too stubborn to come off.) It was a lot lighter until I sprayed it with Pam to retard further rusting.
kettles, smokers...

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
If Weber doesn't damn well pay very close attention to what's gong on here....something is very, very wrong....... 8)
I am unable to confirm that Weber product research was on site and executed an NDA before ...
kettles, smokers...

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 04:32:10 PM »
Nice!! Great job guys on the HC!! That's really cool!

Checking in from Omaha...few from the stable wanted to say hello! Shaun, Stu, Mike, & Brian's help & work are all represented here.  :)

HA! I forgot to remove the cleaning supplies....  ::)

Awesome grill representation for the WKC Craig! 8) 

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »
Big thanks to everyone that showed up today, in person or online. Great time meeting some folks for the first time while catching up with others I've met before. Unbelievable collection of grills on display. Need to do this again for sure!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
Buckie, the special grill was the HC presented to Brian because he's been wanting one so badly for so long. It's like that girl at school that's always socking you in the arm and you know you like her, but just won't admit it. I bet this becomes his go to cooker. Seriously, the adjustable charcoal grate and definitely the lid hinge is really nice. It just needs some sweet handles. I think he might like it. :)

So, is the party still going on? How's Troy doing? Has he had enough Hopskipandajump yet? ??? Those are the pictures i'm looking forward too. ;)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 04:40:35 PM »
Weber Mecca ..........I must make a pilgrimage someday

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
First of all, I must thank our hosts for today's meet up! Jeff and Jean were gracious and welcoming to us all, and had everything ready for a good time. You guys are the best!

Next, a big shout out to Weber for delivering an amazing bag of goodies for attendees (and a few lucky others...) Wish there was enough to go around to everyone in the club, but the great news is that we have a friend in Weber, and it can only get better. (And yes, everyone got everything pictured here!)

As for food, well let's just say even the blueberry pies were happy to be there:

And you wouldn't believe how many dutch ovens were hard at work:

And of the 50 kettles, (yes, 50!) only 2 were black. And none of those were even mine! (Although I did bring 2 more home, along with a NIB Weber ZAP.)

Weather was fine, food was great, company was spectacular, and we all can't wait for the next Meetup. Everyone was taking pictures, so I'm sure there is much more to come. Thanks to everyone involved - and everyone in the club who couldn't make it this time. We WILL do this again!

Marty

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »
Weber Mecca ..........I must make a pilgrimage someday

+1000 I must do this...

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »
Fantastic pictures, Jeff and his Lovely wife, those pies, the goodie bags and of course the grills! Wow! :o

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »
That is some sweet swag, Marty!  Major envy over here. 

You would please both me and our gracious benefactors by detailing all of those wonderful items-- I recognize the book and hat and mitt and burger press, but I don't know about the rest of it. 
One of the charcoal people.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »
Mike you have a goodie bag on the way. You'll see what is inside :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
Don't know where you got the brand new happy cooker....but thanks, I just might use it....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 06:35:42 PM »
Awesome, looks like a great time.  I was with you all in spirit as I wow'd some close friend with Ribs on my Mini-Joe.

Maybe next year I will plan my vacation around this event.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »
VERY cool !!! All the pics and the people and yes...THE GRILLS !!
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)