Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Frozen Pizza On The Weber  (Read 8452 times)

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
Frozen Pizza On The Weber
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »
Had to try this, Friday is pizza night and I love to grill so...

Pizza on the Weber by Mr. Chris Nauman, on Flickr

In case you want to know how I did it...

Filled the Weber coal holders and pre-heated to 400 degrees, placed the frozen Jacks pizza on the grate (indirect method) and let it cook with the cover on for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes I turned the pizza 1/4 turn and cooked another 8 minutes, keeping the Weber at about 400 degrees (internal temp, lid temp ready about 350).

First pizza was a pepperoni, I used a chunk of apple wood in each coal container and I really liked it, wife said she didn't care for it though. Second pizza was basically without the wood and it was delicious as well!

Try it!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:27:54 PM by Thunder71 »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Frozen Pizza On The Weber
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
So are both baskets filled with lit charcoal?  What did she not like, the smoke or????
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »
Yes, they were both filled, moved one to each side of the kettle and put the pizza in the middle as shown - she didn't care for the smoked taste (I loved it, and so did the kids). Done to perfection and not a piece is left for breakfast. :)

I've gotten the thumbs up to do it again, so all is good!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:54:41 PM by Thunder71 »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
i love frozen pizza on the grill

even the super cheap pizzas come out tasting amazing.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »
Looks pretty good, Thunder! I've been doing cheapy Totino's pizzas lately. Did a few more on the OTS the other night. About 6 minutes for two pies each. I set up an 18" grate on a couple paver bricks and have the coals cover the bottom grate. I added some apple chips...turned out pretty good. Funniest thing about the Totinos, back in my single days, my buddies and I would nuke these and fold them like a taco and eat 'em at 2am after a bunch of beers.  ;D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »
Nice looking pies! I like Freschettas when they are on sale. I really prefer making my own though. The paella pan also make a great deep dish/pan pizza. I like pizza using just BK and no smoke wood. It gives off a brick oven flavor, it may be the borax? :-\

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:32:14 PM »
Thunder, wait until you try " take and bake" such as Papa Murphys.  It' s even better than the frozen cheapies!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »
I will say the kettle blows the oven out of the water on the cheapies... Yes I too have wanted to try a Papa Murphy's on the grill.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »
I've done 4 this week on firebrick Everyone seems to love it. We made a ham and pineapple that was killer the other day. It's my new favorite way to cook them.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:42 AM »

I've done 4 this week on firebrick Everyone seems to love it. We made a ham and pineapple that was killer the other day. It's my new favorite way to cook them.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."

Would love to see pics of your setup..