Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from New Orleans (land of the no-call!)  (Read 941 times)

who-dat-cookin

• Happy Cooker
Hello from New Orleans (land of the no-call!)
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
New to the forum; not new to Weber.  Been grilling for many many years, mainly on Weber's.  Bought a Summit 600 series about 4 years ago (got a great deal) but lately, I've been missing the great taste of charcoal / wood.  For many years, I was a die-hard charcoal guy but eventually gave in to the convenience of gas.  Yesterday, I picked up a Weber Performer - Jim Bean sponsored? (I guess).  It was given to someone's father as a gift, he never used it.  Still had some of the original packing on it.  Bought it for $75.  Best I can find is it originally sold for around $250.  Just curious of the approximately the age, if anyone knows? Can't wait to fire this puppy up!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cellar2ful

Re: Hello from New Orleans (land of the no-call!)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:29:53 AM »

Welcome to the Forum.  Congratulations and great score.   Weber still sells this model.  It is the standard Performer and the MSRP today is $335.  Yours having a taco style lid handle will have a serial number on the lid vent. 

Here's a link for it on Weber's web site.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/charcoal-grills/performer-series/15301001.html?cgid=219#start=1
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum, and back to charcoal!
I would say that Weber has only been making that model of Performer for the last five years or so. The Jim Beam logo is very nice!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  Good to get another fella back from the dark side.  Gas should be a byproduct of grilled foods, not the fuel source.  That’s a nice “Performer Silver”.  Since it’s a Jim Beam logo’d kettle, you should come up with a Jim Beam infused cook. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
Welcome from Doraville Ga,  and welcome back to charcoal. Nice grill, if you can't find a recipe with Jim beam just infuse the Chef and have fun 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 12:12:56 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

regweb66

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »
Welcome from Bradley IL.  Even though you are from the land of the no call, at least you scored the Beam grill. That thing is nice. You also didn't have to deal with the double doink.  Welcome back from the dark side. Enjoy the club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »
Welcome from St. Louis, MO!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 06:50:04 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 11:54:01 AM »
Welcome from Colorado. The wife and I just flew back yesterday from NOLA! Great town you’ve got there! Every meal (and drink) we had was better than the last. :)

-Jed
-Jed