Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Topeka Kansas  (Read 798 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Hello from Topeka Kansas
« on: March 15, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
I have been having trouble pulling the trigger on a new grill, for my birthday I got a char-griller premium kettle.
I know its not a Webber, but I found this site looking for info on smoking on a kettle., Lol.

Now I want a Webber with custom handles.

Have any of you guys messed with the char-griller? And is it ok to post pictures of the imposter here? Lol

I'm trying to smoke a pork butt right now, I actually do have Webber brand charcoal baskets! I took my grate out of my old grill, cut off the sides and hit it with a hammer a few times, so it would fit past the bolts. Then I stuck this pizza stone and a pan of water on there and stuck the pork butt above that.

Glad to be a part of this forum, I didn't realize there were people restoring old Webber grills, and that is pretty awesome.

Hope you guys have a great day,
Andy

[attachment deleted by admin]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from Topeka Kansas
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:14:41 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. you may receive some good hearted ribbing for 2 b's in Weber and your grill but all in good fun, you will own a Weber very soon.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:10 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 12:59:13 PM »
Welcome. I bought my first Weber last August, now I have like 16 or 17.

At any rate before I got into Webers, for several years I cooked on just a Walmart portable grill (a knockoff Go Anywhere) but it did a great job. I kept it clean and indoors when not in use that's probably why it lasted so long I'm thinking I had that thing 8-10 years.

I can't help with your pork butt because I haven't done one on the grill yet but my wife does a kickass pork butt in the slow cooker.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »
I mean actually the Walmart knockoff Go Anywhere had a taller lid and a warming rack which I liked a lot. You could cook a lot more things than the Weber GA.

But Weber is a lot more sturdy, quality built.

I gotta say I miss that little grill, lots of great cooks and lots of memories were made using that Walmart grill.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm glad to be a part of the forum. I always used whatever grill I could find laying around, or when I lived at my farm I had a fire pit that had another little area I would scoop coal into and toss a grate on. I've had one that looked really similar to the one you posted too! I'm really interested in controlling the temperature. And will probably end up with a WSM sooner or later lol

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »
First time I've ever smoked anything. Turned out alright.

[attachment deleted by admin]