Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A shout out to a standup and over the top member  (Read 1392 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
A shout out to a standup and over the top member
« on: February 27, 2019, 05:21:40 AM »
A few weeks ago member @chiku18 reached out to me to see if I would be willing to agent a grill for him.  The grill was about an hour west of me, I told him that if he had it paid for I could pick it up in a week or so when I would be passing through the location anyway.

After some back and forth about the details out of the blue he encouraged me to just keep it, wait what?  This was not some smokey joe or a ordinary grill this is an MBH Lime.  I was floored, I wanted to give him some cash for it, he refused.

I picked up the grill on my way to completely my deal with Zavod for my wood dale spoken of here (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/major-score-over-the-weekend/).

Knowing that I already have a really nice Lime I asked Ritesh (AKA chicku18) if he minded of I passed it on to Brian, Brian has a lot of cool grills but does not have a Lime.  He said it was mine and I could do with it what I wanted.  I did make Brian sweat a little bit telling him I was going to take it home with me, but there was no way it was coming home.

We have seen in recently people who join the community and do it to get top $$$ from anyone they can, Ritesh is one of the guys that goes against the grain and does things because it benefits the community. 

Here is a pic of the sweet grill.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: A shout out to a standup and over the top member
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 05:28:45 AM »
Hear hear!  Chiku18 is a grate grillfella and he has helped me acquire too many kettles to list here.  Proud to call him my friend.

I was watching this Lime from the sidelines and am glad it found a good home, congrats to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 05:37:33 AM »
That’s awesome!!!

I have to say, having worked with him a time or two, that Ritesh is definitely a stand-up fella.  Selflessness like this is what made this club so grate.  Just when it seems like that’s slipping away...boom!!!  On a side note, gotta give props to Brian too.  He loves to make deals, no matter who comes out on top.  Jeff, you’re good [emoji90] too.  Almost feel bad for turning your Lions MT into my Porto-Potty a few years ago[emoji18]
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 05:50:58 AM »
That’s awesome!!!

I have to say, having worked with him a time or two, that Ritesh is definitely a stand-up fella.  Selflessness like this is what made this club so grate.  Just when it seems like that’s slipping away...boom!!!  On a side note, gotta give props to Brian too.  He loves to make deals, no matter who comes out on top.  Jeff, you’re good [emoji90] too.  Almost feel bad for turning your Lions MT into my Porto-Potty a few years ago[emoji18]

No, no you're not
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 05:55:49 AM »
That’s awesome!!!

No, no you're not

He did say ALMOST, I must agree about the members you mentioned as well adding you to the list @LightningBoldtz and @brewtownbeatdown
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 09:57:17 AM »
I couldn't agree more, @chiku18 is an amazing grillfella! He did the exact same thing to me a while back.  Asked if I could agent a very desirable SJ for him and after I picked it up told me to keep it.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »
Awesome story! Hat's off to @chiku18 .

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
WOOT!
regards,
Hal

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 12:44:57 PM »
What a great story!!! What makes this club so special!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »

What a great story!!! What makes this club so special!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Couldn’t have said it any better myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 01:52:36 PM »
Yeah...he is a good dude!

Great story!

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 03:40:39 PM »
Thank you all in this thread and to entire WKC community- where I learned the Key mantra is "Pay it forward".

I have a lime ( not as nice as this one ) and now this another lime came across.  I wanted it shipped directly to me, but UPS Store said 455 (plus 25 to take the legs out) , I was like "WHAAAAAT" ?
Hence started the search of Agent, Reached @brewtownbeatdown first and he pointed me to @LightningBoldtz .  WKC PM was sent requesting help and Jeff responded "Sure, but only by Next Friday I can pick". I had to then convince guy at UPS Store to hold for 10 days and he after few requests agreed.

Now I started chatting with Jeff (on FaceBook) and then thought I am having the privilege of talking to Ex- "Statesman" who has graciously agreed to help. Have learned so much from this Site and realized this is my time to "Pay it back first" before "Pay it forward".
When later Jeff texted - Is it ok to give to Brian ? I was like Brian ->"the Legend", I jumped out of joy thinking WOW I have something to Offer to @zavod44 , really or is it dream ? I couldn't control my happiness and texted the storey to Charlie (@Mr.CPHo).  Charlie and Joe ( @JEBIV ) has been my inspirations . Thank you both !!!

Rest all Jeff has already mentioned in the thread. Privilege was all mine, THANK YOU for ALL THE COMMENTS/COOKING TIPS, TRICKS AND getting me into this craziness of Weber Kettles.
Best of all made , I really made some good friends here.

P.S. If anyone is curious, Yes I do have another Lime, and If this 2nd would have  showed at my door, I would have ended up with only 9 fingers ( Yes Wifey's have that kind of knife and right :).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:58:14 PM by chiku18 »
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »
Thank you all in this thread and to entire WKC community- where I learned the Key mantra is "Pay it forward".

I have a lime ( not as nice as this one ) and now this another lime came across.  I wanted it shipped directly to me, but UPS Store said 455 (plus 25 to take the legs out) , I was like "WHAAAAAT" ?
Hence started the search of Agent, Reached @brewtownbeatdown first and he pointed me to @LightningBoldtz .  WKC PM was sent requesting help and Jeff responded "Sure, but only by Next Friday I can pick". I had to then convince guy at UPS Store to hold for 10 days and he after few requests agreed.

Now I started chatting with Jeff (on FaceBook) and then thought I am having the privilege of talking to Ex- "Statesman" who has graciously agreed to help. Have learned so much from this Site and realized this is my time to "Pay it back first" before "Pay it forward".
When later Jeff texted - Is it ok to give to Brian ? I was like Brian ->"the Legend", I jumped out of joy thinking WOW I have something to Offer to @zavod44 , really or is it dream ? I couldn't control my happiness and texted the storey to Charlie (@Mr.CPHo).  Charlie and Joe ( @JEBIV ) has been my inspirations . Thank you both !!!

Rest all Jeff has already mentioned in the thread. Privilege was all mine, THANK YOU for ALL THE COMMENTS/COOKING TIPS, TRICKS AND getting me into this craziness of Weber Kettles.
Best of all made , I really made some good friends here.

P.S. If anyone is curious, Yes I do have another Lime, and If this 2nd would have  showed at my door, I would have ended up with only 9 fingers ( Yes Wifey's have that kind of knife and right :).

Thanks for adding your perspective, good story and karma all the way 'round.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
Cool stuff!
 8)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 11:19:07 PM »
Great teamwork all around!  I am going through and reading name after name of great guys that I have had the privilege to meet and/or work deals with.  So many kind and generous people mentioned in this thread!  It is great to see that for a lot of the guys on here, it’s still about collecting and helping each other out and not all about pay to play!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!