Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Toolbox  (Read 1602 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
BBQ Toolbox
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »
Anyone else have a bbq toolbox? I might have gone a little overboard but it works great. 

https://youtu.be/zzvjerLDPRE

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
Re: BBQ Toolbox
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:34 AM »
That thing is RAD man

Is this the one? https://amzn.to/2BJE7Oz

I have been considering dedicating a shelf in my garage to all my bbq stuff, but this looks a lot more convenient

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »
That thing is RAD man

Is this the one? https://amzn.to/2BJE7Oz

I have been considering dedicating a shelf in my garage to all my bbq stuff, but this looks a lot more convenient

Link are in the video desciption!  Do you even youtube bro?  8) ;D :D ;)

or here you go....  It's actually a 3 box set then I added the top box that is sold separately.

Husky 22in Connect Rolling System Tool Box - https://amzn.to/2V5daNR
Husky 22in Connect Heavy-Duty Portable Cantilever Mobile Tool Box - https://amzn.to/2EHo6wh
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »
ahhh ok, that's why it looks different

Right now my glen blue is my BBQ toolbox, but I want to convert it from looker back to cooker...

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »

Right now my glen blue is my BBQ toolbox, but I want to convert it from looker back to cooker...

Now I need to organize all of my grates, slow n sears, vortex, kettle pizza, however many charcoal baskets I have....  All of that stuff is stashed in grills and of course when you are looking for something specific it always ends up in the last grill you check.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »

Now I need to organize all of my grates, slow n sears, vortex, kettle pizza, however many charcoal baskets I have....  All of that stuff is stashed in grills and of course when you are looking for something specific it always ends up in the last grill you check.

Boy ain’t that the truth

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
BBQ Toolbox
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 05:15:48 PM »
Looks great and  very well organized.  Just make sure  to tightly close all the spice/rub containers. Those plastic containers (organizers) give off a very nasty odor.

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 07:42:51 PM »
I use a similar DeWalt box for chili cookoffs.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 05:52:43 AM »
awesome !

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »
Mike you could use a 5 gallon, insulated, job site type drinking water jug, with hot water in it, and a bottle of dish soap, to wash your hands and wares with onsite. I use one for away cooks and I changed the push button valve to a small ball valve so it'll run/trickle non stop when I need it to.

Alternatively the handi wipes work well for hand cleaning and its always nice to have paper towels in the chuck box too.

I'll get my chuck box out and take pics later.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 07:34:26 AM »

Mike you could use a 5 gallon, insulated, job site type drinking water jug, with hot water in it, and a bottle of dish soap, to wash your hands and wares with onsite. I use one for away cooks and I changed the push button valve to a small ball valve so it'll run/trickle non stop when I need it to.

Alternatively the handi wipes work well for hand cleaning and its always nice to have paper towels in the chuck box too.

I'll get my chuck box out and take pics later.

That’s exactly what I use.  I actually use my sous vide to get the water even hotter than my tap so it stays really warm for the 24-36 hours between a comp setup starting and it being over!  I also have a few bus tubs that get some water and a cap full of bleach for sanitizing things.  I like the idea of changing the valve.  Sometimes it’s a pain in the butt to hold whatever I’m using the hot water on and push the button. 

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
Nice setup, Mike! Squirt on ribs, huh? That’s my secret ingredient in margaritas! I’ve got a rack of spare ribs going on the CGA right now; might have to run out to the store & pick up some Squirt before I hit the three-hour mark. :)

-Jed
-Jed

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »
That is an awesome set up Mike..
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »

That is an awesome set up Mike..

Thanks!!!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »
I love the setup, Mike. Do you usually transport the box all assembled and standing up?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791