Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I have a problem, and need to sell some off!  (Read 3635 times)

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
I have a problem, and need to sell some off!
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
I was getting ready to go grilling today after work when I decided to hit the refresh button on my Craigslist weber search page. Suddenly a new listing popped up complete with phone number. I made a call and was out the door in 5 minutes. Scored a 2010 performer. Asking price was $100, though the cover and charcoal grate was missing. I asked the guy if he may know where the grate was, and after he said no, I mentioned that it was no big deal, and that I would pick one up as they were like $10. He then said well, here's $10 back so you can go pick one up. So, $90!!!

2010Performer by mikeinctown, on Flickr

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I have a problem, and need to sell some off!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:44 PM »
Incredible deal, you could prob sell that for $150 tomorrow if you wanted....

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk 2

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:39 PM »
Nice looking Preformer, and a great price.  I dont think you have a problem, I think you are just getting started.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
Great deal! Don't sell, just add, guy needs options...

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
Don't sell, just add, guy needs options...

Yeah, when I joined this place I had 1 kettle - a black OTG.
Now?  Seven.  But I've only been here a few months...  lol
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
The WKC helps you learn about things you never knew you needed.  Now you searching CL for 200+ miles for the next one you got to have. 

There is no such thing as Weberitis, because I can stop at anytime.  Just not this week,....and next week is booking up pretty quickly too.  Maybe by the end of the month.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
I have a problem, and need to sell some off!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 02:12:11 AM »
I'm down to 11....... That's good right?
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 04:37:11 AM »
OK, need some assistance... I tried to light the gas assist yesterday and it did not work. I noticed a bunch of ash in the burner tube. I removed the tube this morning before work and emptied out the ash then blew through the tube. No dust came out. I also made sure the orifice end was free of any debris.

When I ignite the burner now it make a sort of whistling and slight crackling noise. The flame comes out blue like on the 2005 I have, but it doesn't turn into that regular yellow/red/orange flame at the end. Just dissapates. I thought maybe the propane tank was getting low, so I put it back on my 05 Performer and it worked perfect.

So I'm wondering what I may need to look for to get it solved. Is there any air adjustment on the burner tube I haven't seen? I don't see any adjustment on the regulator assembly either. Not sure what is going on.

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:22:36 AM »
Sounds like the regulator might be bad...
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »
I would pm Ed, in case he didn't see your question. He's an expert with anything gas.

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:25:34 AM »
I was able to download the manual for the grill from the Weber website. It says in there that the inside burner tube would be dirty if you experience what I am experiencing. So I'm going to completely remove it, and wash it out completely so there is no chance of anything inside. If it still doesn't work correctly, I'm hoping Weber will have a soluton since it is so new.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »
Sounds like you're on the right path, and my instructions below don't relate to your scenario but here's another way to remove ash from the burner tube.

... I noticed a bunch of ash in the burner tube. ...

My shop-vac gave the 2005's burner tube a "blow job" (of sorts) and that helped ensure a happy ending, as it were. You make the hose deep-throat (so to speak) the burner tube as much as possible and give the hose a squeeze to that it suctions around the burner tube better.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »
I cleaned it out really good and even removed the ignitor to make sure I could get all in there. Still same problem. I called Weber and they are having me do a bubble test with soap. If that doesn't work then they will send me a new regulator. It really helped having a couple of these sitting there as I was able to check my propane tank on the others to make sure it worked, and to compare flames and such.

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
Well I cleaned the burner out with soap and water and also bought a new propane tank. Nothing helped so I called back. Spoke with a guy this time who wanted to sell me the regulator. I mentioned that the lady was going to send one out under warranty. He really didn't want to send me one but he finally agreed, even though he told me that the original owner is the person with the warranty and it doesn't transfer. Since I've not bought one new, I really don't know what the warranty card would or wouldn't say.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
How does he know it's second-hand? Were you not the first to register it online?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch