Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Master Touch Premium  (Read 19164 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Re: New Weber Master Touch Premium
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2019, 06:34:50 AM »
Anyone know the exact dimensions of the diffuser plate & char-ring? @Irish_canuck would you mind pulling out a tape measure when you have a second? (I’m feeling a bit “crafty.”) :)

-Jed
-Jed

Irish_canuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »
Well having issues with shutting it down. Seal between lid and bowl poor continuing to adjust. Seems to be a lot of sideways movement in. Reaching out to weber and weber world store here for solutions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Irish_canuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2019, 11:23:26 AM »
What did you pay for this and how did you get it?
Is the ash bin the same?
The hinge mechanism seems bulky and looks like it wants to chew a finger.... is this the case?
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Paid £330. Ash catcher looks the same to my mastertouch

Irish_canuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
Is the ash bin the same?
The hinge mechanism seems bulky and looks like it wants to chew a finger.... is this the case?
Thanks for sharing

Would have to agree think they could of developed a better hinge design. Seem to have quite a bit of side to side movement. Could be faulty but waiting to hear back from weber

jimz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2019, 06:30:10 AM »
Is the ash bin the same?
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the reply!

Would have to agree think they could of developed a better hinge design. Seem to have quite a bit of side to side movement. Could be faulty but waiting to hear back from weber

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »
Is the ash bin the same?
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the reply!

Was it worth the money you paid?

Irish_canuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »
At this point for £330 I expected less quality control issues. Another observation i made tonight after spending hours trying to adjust the hinge to close the air gap... the metal used in the lid is of much lighter gauge than that of my master touch

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »
At this point for £330 I expected less quality control issues. Another observation i made tonight after spending hours trying to adjust the hinge to close the air gap... the metal used in the lid is of much lighter gauge than that of my master touch

Is the bowl also a thinner gauge?
Text @ 419-619-6379

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »

Well, that's rather obvious. It has the same regular price as 'standard' master touch so they need to compromise on something [emoji57]

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2019, 12:51:42 AM »
Is it possible to completely close the new "P" shaped bottom vents? I like to cook 2 zone with one Weber Char-basket of lit coals. I rotate the cooking grate if I want to switch between sear and indirect. Even with only one basket of coals going sometimes the bottom vent is closed or barely cracked open. I would think completely closed would be necessary to extinguish coals.

Martin75

• Smokey Joe
    • Blog.grilykrby.cz
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2019, 06:38:05 AM »
It looks that there are not so many fans of the new MT. I'm sticking however to what I wrote.
So - for some people seems to be difficult to assemble the cover to the hinge. The Weber started to get some special instructions into the box with MT. Is needed realy to read the assembly instruction - see https://www.grilykrby.cz/otazky-a-odpovedi/navod-jak-pridelat-pant-na-gril-weber-master-touch-gbs-premium-se-e-5775

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2019, 03:37:29 AM »

Is it possible to completely close the new "P" shaped bottom vents? I like to cook 2 zone with one Weber Char-basket of lit coals. I rotate the cooking grate if I want to switch between sear and indirect. Even with only one basket of coals going sometimes the bottom vent is closed or barely cracked open. I would think completely closed would be necessary to extinguish coals.

Yes you can fully close the “P” vents.
Here is a quick video I did to show that.
https://youtu.be/iyBksnmJWsU

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2019, 03:59:00 AM »
Here is my side by side video of the new Master Touch Premium E-5775 vs my 2015 Smoke Grey MT.
 https://youtu.be/k0V1M2bNsY8

gkoul

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »
Hello, really considering to get my first kettle (a gas grill user so far) and i am in a dilemma between this MT premium and a combo of MT + SNS as the price comes up at a similar level

any thoughts and recommendations from people with hands on experience with both? with the gas grill i have i am not really interested on the two zone set up and i plan to do some extreme searing with the charcoal starter chimney - i want the kettle mostly for smoking

tabate

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2019, 09:47:07 AM »
Hi all -- I'm really interested in getting my hands on the charcoal ring and diffuser plate to try in my US-market Performer.

Anyone happen to have part numbers or any success finding a way to get those two pieces separately into the USA?

I tried calling Weber USA and they were basically useless. They told me they couldn't even see parts for any UK/EU market models in their system, and the person had never heard of the Master Touch Premium / E-5775 existing before my call. The person also told me something along the lines of, "y'know, the laws are different in different markets, so I bet that's it." C'mon, man, we're talking about a miniature version of the WSM ring. Laws don't enter into it.

Anyways, if anyone has any luck ordering these two parts, please let me know! I love my SnS but I see all these big beautiful 18-20lbs prime briskets at Costco and they just don't fit in the kettle that way. Would like to give this new Weber design a shot to see if it works. Thanks!