Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Master Touch Premium  (Read 19166 times)

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
New Weber Master Touch Premium
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2018, 04:44:23 AM »
I guess the kettle is too expensive for Europe.
The most clowns are about to substitute their charcoal grill with a gas grill.
I guess it will not be a hit here.

Maybe I’m wrong but I was right with the 26.75“ kettle here too.
It finally disappeared from the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:05:32 AM by Jan M. »
Best regards,
Jan

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
Re: New Weber Master Touch Premium
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2018, 05:02:33 AM »
I wish there could be someone in Europe testing it and providing us some details of all its benefits.
I am not against it esp. not as a collector and BBQ fan but I definitely want more details.

Best regards,
Jan

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2018, 05:14:11 AM »
@PotsieWeber. Posted by @RickyD:

https://www.wowbbq.co.uk/blog/wow-bbq-weber-blog-1/the-new-weber-master-touch-gbs-e-5775-bbq-review

I don't think anybody's mentioned this yet - if you look closely at the photograph of the cutaway display grill in that blog entry, in addition to the heat deflector, there's a WSM-style charcoal ring as well beneath it.  The impression I got is that Weber's trying to make this barbecue be all things like they did with the Summit charcoal grill.  Perhaps this is the low cost answer to that?

Paul S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2018, 08:08:00 AM »
i like all the gadgets to utilize the majority of the grate for a low slow cook
the missing piece to make it great would be the atc port that the summit has. It'd be an all-in-one for me, I'd rather have a factory port than having to pierce the bowl myself. With no door to add coals/wood and seeing the full heat deflector I'd go for an atc, just load up the charcoal bin and no fumbling with vents on a kettle.

I'd gladly let go of my sns/drip-n-griddle, refurb'd premium performer, 18" and 22"(run down) kettles for an all in one. We don't feed a large get together that a 22" couldn't handle. We don't live on an estate and could reclaim much needed space in the garage area

they need to relocate the lid vent more towards the bowl's handle and add an atc port.
Don't think this would cook any differently than your standard 22" kettle buy yeah would like input on the cook using the heat deflector which looks to sit ontop of the charcoal ring
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:08:22 AM by Paul S »
RetireCheapJC says: There's always an option.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
Until someone on this site actually gets their hands on one I am on the fence about this.  When the Summit was released I thought no way is anyone going to buy this thing and then a few members got them and wrote some great reviews and now a bunch of us own them. 

I trust the guys on this site more than the marketing videos or a presentation from some store who just wants to move product.  We have a lot of experienced and knowledgeable members here who I trust a lot more.  And I value their opinions.    I would love to see this get in the hands of a member and hear their honest thoughts on it. 

Matt ( Our friend in the Netherlands ) @vwengguy I'm sure you are up for the challenge to give this thing a test run and report back.    ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:45:32 AM by Josh G »

Paul S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:07 AM »
If bowls are standard, wonder if Weber sell the ring and deflector or one could create a cheap ring and get a pizza pan of sorts?

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 05:15:14 AM »
I want my lid removable to rotate it where I want, and the ability to drop it on the concrete to create that lovely rim rash...  :) Simple.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Paul S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2018, 06:44:59 AM »
I recently picked up a used model you speak of, it doesn't require much attention and it still works great! that's one of the good things about it. Others being, no one will walk off with it nor would we hurt much if left down at the beach. It's not a collector type kettle, your standard basic black model but it's very durable. Not having to worry bout bowl/lid dents, chipped paint, bent crimped legs(it still stands quite well), etc.. It's is what it is, it does the job.
Just cook, eat and have fun.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:18:04 AM by Paul S »

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 08:18:02 AM »
I'm not sure this is in any way better. The lid vent is definately in the wrong place for indirect cooking, which is the majority of what I do on the larger grills....

And let's face it, knockoffs have done hinged lids now for the last couple of decades, and I have yet to see one that impressed me all that much. The hanger arragement works, don't mess with it.
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2018, 12:26:43 PM »

Until someone on this site actually gets their hands on one I am on the fence about this.
Matt ( Our friend in the Netherlands ) @vwengguy I'm sure you are up for the challenge to give this thing a test run and report back.    ;)

I’m all over this like white on rice!
More info ASAP !

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2018, 12:22:18 PM »
I love your hyperlink !
:-)

Best regards,
Jan

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2018, 01:22:51 PM »
Details were posted on tvwbb

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
If you take the hinge off to use a roti then how do you pick up the lid. Does that handle-ish looking thing above the hinge serve as a second handle? Is so, then picking it up is a two handed operation every time.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »
I love to play with gadgets! The charcoal chamber ring and heat diffuser idea could keep me entertained for a while. I might make make something in the shop to try out.
The hinge system solves a problem that wasn't there, in my opinion.
The "P shaped" bottom vents might be the real big news with this kettle. I wonder if this design change will make temperature control easier.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:37:42 AM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC