Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Abbreviation question/Model history  (Read 2286 times)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Abbreviation question/Model history
« on: September 01, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »
What’s the proper name/abbreviation for this model here? What years has it been made, and what’s approx resale value in condition that requires a light cleanup? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 12:59:41 PM »
That’s an OTP (One Touch Platinum). Resale value is very subjective.... depends on condition, area of the country you are in, time of year you’re trying to sell it, color of kettle, etc. Where I live, St. Louis, MO, you might get $50-75 for it. $75 if it’s in excellent shape.

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Cellar2ful

Re: Abbreviation question/Model history
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »

The model name is a One Touch Platinum. I have a 2004 (DH Code) sage color one.

A little confusing since that model name also was used for this model.

Depending on color and condition, they sell anywhere from $50 - $80.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 07:27:29 PM »
@cellar2ful  Is that sage green a looker in person? Basically came across that exact grill, needing a good dusting and light cleanup for $75. Confirmed no rust, trying to setup a meeting to check it out/feel her out for price flexibility.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 07:29:07 PM by solidgoldstein »

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
$75 is a great price for a sage.

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 07:26:46 AM »
OTP (One Touch Platinum) [emoji3] SWEET GRILL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
@Cellar2ful  Is that sage green a looker in person? Basically came across that exact grill, needing a good dusting and light cleanup for $75. Confirmed no rust, trying to setup a meeting to check it out/feel her out for price flexibility.

Sage kettles are few and far between.  As @Bob BQ commented, it is very reasonable for a fairly rare Weber.  IMHO, it is the most "elegant" color that Weber made. Yes, mine is a looker (9 out of 10).

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 07:46:29 AM »
Kind of strange that Weber calls one type of grill 2 different names [emoji848]

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
@vwengguy - Never heard it referred to as a One Touch Deluxe.  I was going off what other members had referred to the two table model (One Touch Deluxe) here on the Forum.  Is the One Touch Deluxe still sold in Europe? I believe it was only produced for 2, maybe 3 years (2009 through 2010 or 2011) in the US.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/one-touch-platinum-parts-question/msg387168/#msg387168

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/brand-new-brick-red-one-touch-platinum-bowl/msg138438/#msg138438

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/one-touch-platinum-black-ad-code/msg349149/#msg349149

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/weber-22'-platinum-one-touch/msg290297/#msg290297

@56MPG - Don't see a One Touch Deluxe in the Glossary.  If that is what the model is called, maybe an addition to the Glossary?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:25:50 PM by Cellar2ful »

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »
No it is not available anymore here in Europe :-( and I think it was the same here with the 2-3 year run but I’m not 100% sure. I personally never saw them in the stores here.. it was back before my weberitis really took off.
I still think it’s a cool looking model but my wife does not like it that much.
I would love to know how high the kettle is compared to a 80’s MT and the new 2015+ MT grills.
Maybe someone that has them can post some ( ground to kettle lip ) measurements ?

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »
Wondering same because I just ordered table for 18.5 one touch platinum n they sent out a side table for 22. Go figure . They're looking into it n gonna get back to me

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

KettleFan

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »
Corrected later in thread...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:22:43 AM by KettleFan »
#iworkforweber

Cellar2ful

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »

Ok, these are photos direct from Weber's web site of grills I have registered to my account. Please excuse the quality as PC monitors do not photograph well.  As you can see, the model with the two side tables shows as a One Touch Platinum.

When I open the schematic for this grill the file is titled One Touch Deluxe.   Confused yet?

Here is the schematic for sage color grill I posted a photo of above.  It is titled a One Touch Platinum. 

@vwengguy - I guess the two side table model can be called by either One Touch Platinum or One Touch Deluxe. I does seem confusing though.

@KettleFan - My grills are registered on the US Weber site.  I don't see the One Touch Deluxe having a export designation anywhere noted. In fact it shows 2010-2012
USA in the top right of the photo.  I have never seen or heard of a One Touch Pro-Classic. I'm not saying they don't exist. You have any documentation from Weber?

And to add to the confusion, it shows the One Touch Platinum as produced 2010-2012.  I had a DE code (2009).  Go figure. 

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:35:24 PM by Cellar2ful »

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 01:24:17 PM »
I got this covered...
It’s a One Touch Platinum Deluxe !
But that name is too long for the box.. so .. you can call it what ever you want, but it’s still not going to come to you when you call it.
I don’t know what Weber was thinking at the time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I still think they are all nice grills whatever you want to call them ;-)

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 01:24:25 PM »
OTPs go for $150+ in the Chicagoland Area and the last two that I saw on CL one Black, NIB and one Brick Red, assembled and use once(so they said) were listed at $300 and both sold within 72 hours.