Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Newbie from SW MO  (Read 1102 times)

BrbdWyr

• Smokey Joe
Newbie from SW MO
« on: August 26, 2018, 03:36:25 AM »
Good Morning!  New Weber owner here.  After many years of being a propane lover, only finding that no matter the $$ spent on a grill, they all eventually fail, I changed to the simplicity of charcoal grilling, only to find that no matter the $$ spent on a grill, they eventually fail.  My latest was a simple Kingsford with one side table, cast iron grates and an adjustable height coal tray.  The coal tray burnt thru within a year.  I solved that by adding a scavenged grate from some long lost grill.  Then the front left leg rusted off at the plastic shoe, that is purposely designed to hold water, expediting the rust.  I stepped back and realized the simplicity of a Weber may be the right way to go.  Designed to shed water, with a robust baked-on finish, and the ability to maximize efficiency by design, I took the plunge.  Looking forward to learning everything I can here.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
Re: Newbie from SW MO
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 04:35:10 AM »
Hello,

I also am a new Weber owner, bought my first 22" one about three weeks ago. I've spent hours  looking in this group leaning things and still haven't introduced myself but I'm going to this morming.
Yesterday morning I picked up another brand new 22" Weber kettle of letgo for $25 so now I have two.
I'm totally hooked on this, like I said I've spent hours on just this forum looking and learning but I've spent 10 times that amount looking on the internet and YouTube ha.
Seems like there a lot of great people here I need to get more involved in this group.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:39:45 AM by pancho2017 »

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 06:49:17 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

BrbdWyr

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 07:40:13 AM »
Hello from Wichita Kansas.

Oh and I just moved to Wichita from SW MO about a year and a half ago. I was born and raised in Springfield MO, spent my entire life there but the wifey and I decided to make a change and come to Kansas[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks for the welcome.
We moved to 25 miles SW of SGF from northern WI almost four years ago.  Really like it here.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 06:03:27 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. You will like it here
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Welcome to the Club from St. Louis, MO!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 04:43:45 AM »
Welcome from the Lou!!  (STL)

Grate to have you!

Pull up a chair!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...