Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Go Anywhere Craycourt Griddle  (Read 1605 times)

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
Go Anywhere Craycourt Griddle
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
Has anyone else purchased these?  Were your griddles rough?  Mine were like sandpaper.  The roughest cast iron I’ve seen.  I will definitely need to sand them before attempting to cook on them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
Re: Go Anywhere Craycourt Griddle
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 10:40:16 PM »
They are cool, but I passed because I think they are just too small. I think they were worth the discount price though. Sand them and they should be fine.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »
Grill mark, sold at ace, sells a cast iron griddle that fits the GA perfectly.  But the craycort is a crazy good deal right now.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:51:46 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »
Grill mark, sold at ace, sells a cast iron griddle that fits the GA perfectly.  But the craycort is a crazy good deal right now.

is this the one ?

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/grill-pans-and-toppers/8462236

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »

is this the one ?

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/grill-pans-and-toppers/8462236
Yes.  That is the one. It fits well (you still need to keep the grate on, and put the griddle over it though).

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:17:07 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
I sanded them both with 50 grit until they did not feel rough. Just finished the first coat of seasoning on the Q.  Gonna try and get to 5 coats of seasoning before cooking on them. 

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 05:57:03 AM »
I sanded them both with 50 grit until they did not feel rough. Just finished the first coat of seasoning on the Q.  Gonna try and get to 5 coats of seasoning before cooking on them. 

Got any pics of them on the GA?  I was looking at these on the Craycort site, but they don't show any pictures of them on the grill and they don't even list the dimensions.  The proportions make it look like you need two to cover the full surface of the grill.

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »

Got any pics of them on the GA?  I was looking at these on the Craycort site, but they don't show any pictures of them on the grill and they don't even list the dimensions.  The proportions make it look like you need two to cover the full surface of the grill.
You do need 2 for a full griddle, the craycort go anywhere series is 2 peices. The griddle is meant to replace 1 side

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »

I found this on youtube show it in conjunction  with the normal craycort grate option
https://youtu.be/_-0tmrHlv2Q

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 02:03:52 PM »
Just ordered 2 griddles and the grate lifting tool. With shipping it was only 6 bucks more than the griddle's regular price.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 06:54:57 AM »
I was tempted briefly but after cooking on a flat griddle and seeing what happens if you don't have a way to contain the grease and deal with the flareups, I've decided I like my griddle type things to always either have high sides or good sized grease reservoirs.  A cast iron skillet works pretty damn well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfPwltfVgvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMgPxJ3GwT4
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »
I subscribe to the @captjoe06 line of thinking on this topic.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
I just got mine hella rough but it will get better over time. small bit of sanding and im going to season it real well. Gonna make sure my forst few cooks are nice and greasy