Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Performers  (Read 2670 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Red Performers
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »
Jules V. -  how did you secure the bowls?  Did you drill them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
You have to drill holes for the bowl brackets and also for the gas assist. You also have to cut the handle and conceal it.

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 03:53:00 AM »
Jules... That Frame is really niceZ where/how did you get the diamond plate on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »
Jules... That Frame is really niceZ where/how did you get the diamond plate on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Those are embossed 16 gauge stainless sheets. Should be available at your local metal stores. The panels are mounted  the same as the original panel.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 06:45:19 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown that red mist performer is sweet but I really think you should ditch the nylon handle and dress it up with some Zav wood.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

db130

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 07:17:49 AM »
@Jules V., where did you source the brackets from?
Copper Premium, 2009 22", 2008 18", 1999 Black SSP

Starspike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 05:10:58 PM »
Just look at all your local marketplaces a lot they come up. I have a non gas and a gas. Good luck on the search!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »
@Jules V., where did you source the brackets from?
Check with @qwesthunter if he has anything available.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 07:49:57 PM »
Apparently I just learned that the non gas assist SSP’s frames do not have swivel casters? I’ve got one that I mounted my WSM on. The bowl had been swapped out, but it did have the charcoal bin, lp tank bracket and valve cover. I never gave it much thought until someone on Facebook was looking for info on one.
What’s under the lid of the non gassers???

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Red Performers
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
What’s under the lid of the non gassers???

This black metal shelf-thingy (the piece below the charcoal bin in the pic).  It drops right into where the lp tank, etc go on the gas assist model. On the schematics, it is the elusive part number 39.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=801001
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:03:53 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
Red only came in the SSP style.  However, if you like the newer style carts, the bowls are interchangeable.  Red Performers/bowls aren’t easy to come by, especially in grate condition.  A little patience & luck is required.

This is my idea of the perfect Performer:

Took me about a year to find the donors to complete it.  Gen.2 Performer frame with red SSP kettle + Gen. 4 metal table & lid bale assembly + black Target handle.

I've thought about doing one of these.  I have a Red SSP and a black 2007 Performer with the upgraded table. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk