Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Which new 22"?  (Read 1473 times)

dobro

• Happy Cooker
Which new 22"?
« on: June 28, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
Howdy,

I'm wanting a 22" grill with the ash can vs the original ash tray.  So, I'm looking at Premium and above.

I wouldn't mind a red grill, but have read of a lot of QC issues with that one.  Is there any difference in QC in recent black/copper/green Premium grills vs. the red LE?  I assume the Master-Touch QC is the same as the Premiums - you just get more "stuff", correct?

If the QC on the LE vs. the premiums is the same, I'll likely go with red...otherwise, I'll probably go with one of the Premiums - other than aesthetics, any difference between the black/copper/green regarding quality?

Thanks!

Lee

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Which new 22"?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »
The red porcelain cannot be done in the USA, for environmental reasons, so the LE kettles are being done in China.  Porcelain just doesn’t take a “hit” like the American made ones do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

dobro

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Thanks BTBD - so the non-LE are actually made in USA still?  That may settle it right there.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »
There’s a chance that some of the components aren’t, but the bowls/lids are done in Palatine, IL

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

dobro

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »
And I'm assuming no problem with the green/copper vs. black.

That means I may have to get a green to match my Thermapen!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 11:07:04 AM »
Well that settles it, if you have a green thermapen definitely get the green grill. LOL the green is a good looking grill BTW
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Which new 22"?
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 11:12:52 AM »
Theoretically they are all the same quality.  In my experience though, green porcelain is fragile.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Copper with porcelain issues.

Is there a Thermapen in Copper?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »
Theoretically they are all the same quality.  In my experience though, green porcelain is fragile.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Copper with porcelain issues.

Is there a Thermapen in Copper?

so I should leave my green in the box?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
so I should leave my green in the box?

That’s your call.  Just don’t let it take a drop of more than 6”[emoji36]

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »
I can’t speak for the regular Copper Kettle, but I know for a fact that the Target Copper can take a beating....

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »
Get a premium and get to it. The 4th is almost here. This is gonna be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
Of course being from Athens and possibly a dogs fan Red and Black may be the colors of choice, but I know nothing about that

dobro

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 11:53:59 AM »
Of course being from Athens and possibly a dogs fan Red and Black may be the colors of choice, but I know nothing about that
Considering my wife works for UGA, too!!

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »
Performers come in copper also.
If you have room and the extra coin
that's the way I'd go.
Home Depot and Ace will ship free to store.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Which new 22"?
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »
I don’t see this mentioned often but one of my favorite things about non performer kettles is portability. It’s very nice to be able to pick up your grill and move it by yourself. Either around the property or take it in your vehicle. Every time I see a performer or a kettle in a custom table, it’s like it’s attached to a ball and chain like so many grills I dislike.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app