Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Arteflame...Meet Summit  (Read 1548 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Arteflame...Meet Summit
« on: June 11, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »
So I just couldn’t let eBay’s 20% off coupon go unused. This just arrived today, and it’s a friggin beast!  Made of 3/8” Steel.  I need to season it first, but I’m really looking forward to cooking on this. I’ll be sure to post pics when I do.  FYI, the center hole is the same size as the gourmet grate.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Arteflame...Meet Summit
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:35:06 PM »
Got one for a 22.5" but haven't used the griddle or sear grate for almost a year.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »

Got one for a 22.5" but haven't used the griddle or sear grate for almost a year.

Why not?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 04:42:10 PM »
Yours is from a different company, Titan Attachments. Same idea, but $10 or so cheaper. Their eBay page: https://www.ebay.com/str/titanattachments

I wanna say the one by Arteflame is more like 1/4”?

Let’s see some cooks on it!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:08 PM »

Yours is from a different company, Titan Attachments. Same idea, but $10 or so cheaper. Their eBay page: https://www.ebay.com/str/titanattachments

I did notice the Titan version on Amazon. Ratings weren’t good. Not sure why. For the Arteflame, the 22s are 1/4 inch but the 26s are 3/8 inch steel. They were originally intended for the BIg Green XXL and they made them thicker to withstand higher heat without warping.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »
I just prefer to use a cast  iron griddle and for searing a stainless gbs insert.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 05:07:44 PM »
Damn, that thing is a beast. Looking forward to seeing it used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
This is more or less how I've used the Arteflame in the past.  GBS grate with  1 1/4" legs on top.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »
Looks like that grate could use just a touch more seasoning. [emoji37]

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 08:31:25 PM »
If you use enough heat there's really no amount of seasoning that will stand a chance. I've gone strictly on stainless when it comes to searing.  My go to searing grate is a summit gbs insert. Easy clean up and no rust. 

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »
Spent a few hours getting it good and seasoned. Should be ready to cook.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »

I did notice the Titan version on Amazon. Ratings weren’t good. Not sure why. For the Arteflame, the 22s are 1/4 inch but the 26s are 3/8 inch steel. They were originally intended for the BIg Green XXL and they made them thicker to withstand higher heat without warping.

Oops, sorry about that. You’re right! At first I thought I saw a “T” but it’s not that. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Titan-Weber-Style-Grill-Insert-w-Center-Grate/292499988036?hash=item441a5b9e44:m:maob6IICo5eGXRZqwIvvPxg

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 07:53:32 AM »
If you use enough heat there's really no amount of seasoning that will stand a chance. I've gone strictly on stainless when it comes to searing.  My go to searing grate is a summit gbs insert. Easy clean up and no rust. 

@Jules V.
Can I ask where you are finding a SS GBS grate?
Thanks!
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Arteflame...Meet Summit
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 08:00:58 AM »
A friend picked up 3 ss gbs grates from the Philippines.  Whopping $120 each[emoji3].   I also picked up a Summit and  a Genesis  #7585  &  #7587 on clearance for $35 & $25 just for the purpose of using the center grate.  The rods on the 7585 are massive at almost 3/8" thick.  Should last a lifetime no matter how much heat you throw at it. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:13:04 AM by Jules V. »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 08:11:50 AM »
Thank you!
Guess I need to hit up some of my Filipino Friends!
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..