Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22.5 Stianless Steel Grates  (Read 9676 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
22.5 Stianless Steel Grates
« on: May 25, 2013, 04:35:04 AM »
Hey Folks,

I have been searching for replacement grates for two of my performers but can't seem to find the hinged stainless steel 22.5 grates anymore. Did they stop making them? I can only find the nickel plated grates.

Thanks!

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:01:13 AM »
You can order directly from Weber.
http://store.weber.com/parts/detail/charcoal/enclosed-ash-catcher/1117
Cost a little more but worth it. Been using mine now after heavy use and no signs of rust. I would have been through  a couple of the chrome plated ones by now.

gunner

• WKC Brave
Re: 22.5 Stianless Steel Grates
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:40:58 AM »
Perfect thank you kind sir! That is strange I was looking earlier on the Weber website and could only find the standard grates..even when I did a search for "stainless steel grates", they didn't pop up. Anyways thank you, gonna order two now! (excuse the typo in the subject line, it was early in the morning  :o)

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »
I just got mine from weber the other day.  I already have one in my performer but wanted one for one of my kettles.  I've had the one in the performer for about four years now and still no signs of rust.

Wayne

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »
Perfect thank you kind sir! That is strange I was looking earlier on the Weber website and could only find the standard grates..even when I did a search for "stainless steel grates", they didn't pop up. Anyways thank you, gonna order two now! (excuse the typo in the subject line, it was early in the morning  :o)
Looking at the Weber site, you would think that they really don't want to sell parts.  ::) You have to call them to find most things. Also look for the free shipping codes when you do.  ;)

BTW, I think you can edit your post to fix a typo in the subject. DAMHIK, IJK  ;D
kettles, smokers...

colin.p

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
I noticed that as well. On the Canadian Weber site, the 22.5 OTG is no longer listed, only the 18.5 & 22.5 OTS. Parts seems to be a secondary listing on the website. By the time I need parts for my Spirit or the OTG, I hope that I will be able to get them at an affordable price. I'd hate if Weber's become land-fill throw-aways because parts availability becomes scarce.

Of course I may be showing my true "cynical-pessimistic" nature here. ::)
2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 22.5 OTG and a bunch of Weber stuff
I like my Weber's the same as my Ford's and Harley's, any colour, as long as it's black.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 07:44:46 AM »
I noticed that as well. On the Canadian Weber site, the 22.5 OTG is no longer listed, only the 18.5 & 22.5 OTS. Parts seems to be a secondary listing on the website. By the time I need parts for my Spirit or the OTG, I hope that I will be able to get them at an affordable price. I'd hate if Weber's become land-fill throw-aways because parts availability becomes scarce.

Of course I may be showing my true "cynical-pessimistic" nature here. ::)
Some things seem to be available. The new 26 is a different shape than the older one. Grates for my '85 26 are NLA from Weber. Luckily the form of the 22 and 18 kettles have not changed so parts like grates remain available. Others such as bowls and lids may be less so if you want to keep an older one correct for the period.
kettles, smokers...

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
I'm pissed that the performers don't even come with them. $350 for a damn charcoal grill and you don't even get a $30 SS grate. WTF???

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
I'm pissed that the performers don't even come with them. $350 for a damn charcoal grill and you don't even get a $30 SS grate. WTF???
You would think that they could have the SS grate with the top line performer. The SS grates come standard on the 26. Also, the grate on the ranch is SS as well. It may be on the larger kettles, the SS is needed to keep them from from sagging or deforming with use.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
I ordered a SS grate and it comes in tomorrow so I will have to see what it is like then.

I agree with you about the SS grates and the performers, keep the nickel plated crap with the OTS if you are going to shell out $350 for a kettle grill make it SS.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather have the SS upgrade than a digital timer.

sunsanvil

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 03:28:51 PM »
Great... now I must get one. :)

Seriously though, where to get in Canada?