Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: RRR Scores including holy grail (Pic heavy)  (Read 2043 times)

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
RRR Scores including holy grail (Pic heavy)
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:27 PM »
RRR   Rescue. Restore. Respect. The WKC motto.

RRR - RED, red, RED scores

Starting
1st Score (Restore in progress)- 18 Red MBH ( From Online Finds )

As my signature says, I have been looking for quite sometime as really liked the brighter red , but kept missing (either priced too high or no agent or too slow ), but this one was meant to be.
Originally listed by seller for 25 - Not knowing much , I reached seller and then reached @brewtownbeatdown to help agent and he said @bladz is closer, but learned later that he was scheduled to pickup for himself.
After it was posted in "online finds" at WKC, it must have flooded sellers inbox (one message from me as well). Obviously Someone alerted the seller and he backed out with @bladz , only to relist later for 100.
@bladz PMed saying If I am still interested he will agent and help ship ( @brewtownbeatdown offered to help pack n ship as well), as he doesn't want this anymore (price plus didn't like the seller.) Long story short , I sent a offer to seller which he accepted , @bladz saw the kettle and negotiated further.  He packed ( some super packing , learned myself alot on how to pack the kettle for such a long transit), thank you Dennis, it arrived safely.

Pat Pending 18 MBH with plastic wheels.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:24:53 PM by chiku18 »
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
RRR Scores including holy grail
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
Second Score - Red Outrider (Holy Grail) -  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/offerup-weber-red-smokey-joe-platinum-'outrider'-$30-(apex-nc)/

I acquired my 1st Black outrider last year and since then I have loved this kettle for the height and design. Than started seeing threads of Red outrider on WKC , started with @CatskillSmoker and then this outrider-appreciation-thread started showing more and more of these and hence started the hunt.  With all of us constantly on WKC, any post on online finds section- means if you don't act super fast it will be gone and that too outrider, no way.
Anyways @RRRanger99 alerted on this , and I immediately messaged the seller and then waited, me being impatient kept pinging the seller every hour or so, while hunting for agent to help. Mr.CPHo meanwhile reached out this friend and I PMed few of members, all of them responded but seems they all were far from Apex, NC except @lunchpirate (a new WKC member).
His text came as "How can I help you ?" and I have never done this before so please explain to me what all it involves. I gave him quick run down of activity - pickup, pay, pack n ship and I pay electronically. Tom was onboard with all steps, but said its thursday evening and he can only pickup on Monday on his way to work, as Friday he works from home. I started having the feeling that it will be gone by that time and anyways seller hasn't even responded.
Thursday evening - Seller marked it unlisted without response, lost all hopes and was texting with Colin-he is like wait and  be optimistic.
Seller responded - "Are you local ?"  Well you can guess my response, Shared details of Tom ( @lunchpirate ).
"You can come pickup now (It was 6:30 PM)" , and was thinking If I tell Monday pickup - it will be gone. Meanwhile Tom said I understand its rare, I will make a special trip for this on Friday to pick up by Noon.
Seller- "Noon is fine, but I will be at work . Will put the Grill and charcoal bin on porch, just leave the money under mat ".
Here comes friday - I keep thinking all negative things, meanwhile 11:30 Tom sends me message that "its in the car", hoooooraaay I got it!!!.

Now I knew it will take some time to get this shipped, but Tom on weekend messages me he is busy packing and will be shipped on monday, Followed packing directions from WKC , it was packed like Pro (Yet another packing lesson from me).Tom has been amazing and can't thank him enough for all the extra efforts and say just "PAY IT FORWARD".
Arrived in two days , cleanup done next day , took couple of days for getting all SS HW , replaced wing nuts with acorn nuts (Thanks to @Filibuster    for idea).

Here are the pictures of "EZ" Code Red Smokey Joe Platinum
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:59:27 PM by chiku18 »

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
Time to talk about the 3 Red

18 Red MBH - Patent Pending with plastic wheels.

Picked by @JEBIV in his busy schedule and condition of kettle per him ->
“This baby is in awesome shape, pat pend plastic wheel rubber tread, corn an tater ring original cook grate, upside down triangle LOL all 3 vents grate shape “

Joe picked up a NIB Fire Pit /  for me as well

Here are some pictures shared by him (may be someone can recognize his sandals) :).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:07:32 PM by chiku18 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: RRR Scores including holy grail (Pic heavy)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
Not sure I deserve the credit for suggesting the acorn nuts (don’t remember?) but hells bells that’s a haul!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 01:58:55 PM »
Not sure I deserve the credit for suggesting the acorn nuts (don’t remember?) but hells bells that’s a haul!

Thanks ATS,  it was @Filibuster who suggested. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/outrider-appreciation-thread/

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
All pretty cool scores. That red outrider for $30 is amazing score. Congrats!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »
Man you've been busy scoring greatness! Way to bring some great reds to FL, with the help of some great grillfellas. Great job everybody.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 03:42:56 AM »
I may have to "misplace" that 18 into the Weber room, she is nice
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 05:11:34 AM »
Awesome scores. Love the reds.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 09:11:13 PM »

Cellar is already 2 ful with all the goodies. Sweet score. Some day may be i will also get a "red" outrider.

Well that didn't take to long.  Congratulations.  Came across your comment today while doing research for my Weber spread sheet.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 09:34:15 PM »
Very nice! Reds are my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »
wow

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »
1st score is restored ( per my standards - can’t meet Cellar2ful or Rub’s)

Triangle had some surface rust , so that cleaned up nice.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:02:06 AM by chiku18 »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
Nice cleanup

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »

Time to talk about the 3 Red

18 Red MBH - Patent Pending with plastic wheels.

Picked by @JEBIV in his busy schedule and condition of kettle per him ->
“This baby is in awesome shape, pat pend plastic wheel rubber tread, corn an tater ring original cook grate, upside down triangle LOL all 3 vents grate shape “

Joe picked up a NIB Fire Pit /  for me as well

Here are some pictures shared by him (may be someone can recognize his sandals) :).
Just swung by JEBIV’s and picked up this NIB Fireplace and red 18” MBH  to transport down to Florida.  The 18” CnT ring is pretty cool, first time I’ve seen one.  It was super awesome to take a quick peek at Joe’s collection, and yes... his Weber room is real and literally full of Weber NIB items.  Also got to see his red ranch in action, a couple of Sevilles, a couple Woodales, a yellow electric 18”... I could continue, but suffice to say it was just pure Weber insanity at JEBIV’s!  My mind was blown.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club