Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: " The Happy Cooker " The Truth  (Read 49419 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: " The Happy Cooker " The Truth
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 10:27:59 AM »
I'd like to cook on one for a while to see how they run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 12:08:01 PM »
The hinged lid design is quite funny if you think about it. (I don't trust mine to stay on.)
In a turnabout, Weber made the lid bale.
Hmm, did they copy the HC? I think they did.
George Stephens impresses me as a man that used things and ideas that were around him.
Its poetic justice.. I mean Weber probably lost a few bucks during the HC days.. Just a few..
The Weber was and is one of the highest priced grills on the market. Its worth the money but people always like to save a buck when possible..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »
Speaking of Idahawk. I just peeped his profile and it doesn't look like he's been around since February which isn't like him. I hope all is well.

We are wondering the same thing, Dave simply decided one day he was done with the site.  Not much of an explanation as to why.

We sent e-mails and asked what what up with no response.   It was an odd ordeal for sure.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Cellar2ful

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
Someone posted this link on the Facebook site - Weber Kettle Fans.  It is a schematic from Weber's website for a Sears Economy Kettle.  Appears Weber at one time produced a "Happy Cooker" clone for Sears. It included an internal ash pan just like the Happy Cooker.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=1343

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:32:31 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
internal ash pan conspicuously missing from the list- the only thing i was interested in seeing. :)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »
I went looking down the parts list too, realized the internal ash pan wasn't mentioned, scrolled back up and that's when I realized the itemized list numbers jump from 10 to 12 skipping the ash catcher!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
I went looking down the parts list too, realized the internal ash pan wasn't mentioned, scrolled back up and that's when I realized the itemized list numbers jump from 10 to 12 skipping the ash catcher!

Fake news. Insert some alternative facts and voila.......Happy Cookers never existed? Idahawk got shipped back to Mexico for being an illegal bbq dude and is currently tunneling under what he thinks is a new wall but is instead a massive cache of early 80's Happy Cookers buried near the border. Stay tuned to Fox News for shmupdated updates.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2017, 03:55:33 AM »
Someone posted this link on the Facebook site - Weber Kettle Fans.  It is a schematic from Weber's website for a Sears Economy Kettle.  Appears Weber at one time produced a "Happy Cooker" clone for Sears. It included an internal ash pan just like the Happy Cooker.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=1343

Yup! Yours truly!

internal ash pan conspicuously missing from the list- the only thing i was interested in seeing. :)

It must have been @ 2007-08 when I got my first Cajun Bandit Kettle Conversion and I called Weber CS about the internal ash pan for the Sears Economy Kettle. I was told then they were long out of stock, that's the reason the ash pan isn't listed (part# & description) Only items available are listed - note this? 14  63016  Damper kit, 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle & Smokey Mountain Cooker  ??

I'll have to dig through my hoard, but I have 3 internal ash pans and one is a bit different design that was a Sears Economy than the other 2 which came from HC's/
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:32 AM »

Fake news. Insert some alternative facts and voila.......Happy Cookers never existed? Idahawk got shipped back to Mexico for being an illegal bbq dude and is currently tunneling under what he thinks is a new wall but is instead a massive cache of early 80's Happy Cookers buried near the border. Stay tuned to Fox News for shmupdated updates.

Absolutely. "Coast To Coast AM" confirms it too.  With the utter gravity of this situation one thing is obvious: more covfefe is clearly required.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
Wow, Coast to Coast would love to investigate this:

The internal ash pan mystery deepens!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2017, 06:58:04 PM »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
This is a pan that came out of a Weber Economy Kettle. It was sacrificed for a drum smoker. It has a flat base and the bowl sides are smooth.

This pan is from a basic black Happy Cooker, my teammate has the lid on a drum.

Happy Cooker with "Exclusive Hinged Lid" internal ash pan

Before

After RRR

The HC pans don't have a flat base and there are wave like channels on the bowl.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
So did Weber come out with it first or did HC ?
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2017, 09:24:07 AM »

Grate piece of HC literature. Everything I've found, so far, has been in black/white or illustrated in color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞