Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Green SSP  (Read 713 times)

magic mike

• WKC Brave
Green SSP
« on: May 07, 2020, 05:58:04 PM »
This is the result of taking the best of two SSPs and combining them into one.  Bowl and lid are from another frame (which wasn't in as good of shape as this one). 5 lb tank feels very full, but I tried firing it up and got nothing - built-in striker or propane lighter. 

Frame cleaned up great, but has some flaws (lid lip, wheel axle has rust. Looks great from 10 ft away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:43:02 PM by magic mike »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Green SSP
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
Someone previously mentioned that sometimes fat will drip into the gas tube you'll get a buildup across from the electrode.  The remedy is allegedly to remove the electrode, clean it out, & put some sandpaper through the opening to scrape away so the electrode can arc to bare metal. 
regards,
Hal

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 03:45:18 AM »
Looking good from Doraville !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 07:24:58 AM »
Looking good from Doraville !!

Thanks JEB.  I plan on selling the "leftovers" from the donor grill online, but if you're interested, 20 bucks and they're yours.  What's left is basically the outer frame (steel tubing), stainless table and charcoal/trash bin and rear axle and tires.........all in fair shape.  You can also have the leftover green lid as well................finish is in outstanding condition, handle is just loose (as they tend to get with the therm-in-handle design).  Stainless top is in great shape.  Let me know.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
Looks great! And a super deal on the leftovers,if I was nearby I'd be putting in a back up dibs lol