Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Anaconda Bacon Burger - Should be in Food Pron  (Read 4740 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
The Anaconda Bacon Burger - Should be in Food Pron
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm a little bored with my regular fare and decided to try something different. Wolgast posted a hamburger that he formed on a skewer and also skewered bacon. So I thought I'd try that same idea but on the roti. I knew the burger would never stay on the roti but what if I wrapped the bacon around it tightly? So did it work, yes and no. You can see from the photos, it cooked and tasted pretty good. The burger was a little tough, probably overcooked I suppose. But I forgot about the fact that it wouldn't want to spin on the roti. So I put the fork on the one side that didn't require a screwdriver and criss-crossed some bamboo skewers on that end. That worked... on that end. But the other end didn't want to hold tight to the roti and the stationary end started to twist loose. I just turned off the roti motor. But then when the whole thing firmed up I turned it back on an it spun correctly and the bacon cooked wonderfully. So here is the whole deal from start to finish.
Don't know if I'll try it again but it was fun to try it out.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:45:40 AM by Mark Schnell »

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Some Rotisserie Silliness
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
Notice the stained hands and fingernails in the last pic. That's from cleaning up that brownie and a black performer that I sold last week. You all know what I mean.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:34:52 PM »
Love it  8)
Will have to try that
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
Very nice. You should name your creation!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »
Very nice. You should name your creation!

How about the baconator? Wait, that's taken. How about the Bacon Covered Rod of Destiny? Never mind, that just sounds gross. Any ideas?

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Some Rotisserie Silliness - Should be in Food Pron
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 03:04:06 AM »
I will give you an A+ for creativity! Nicely done, Mark!  :D
Sorry, I can't come up with a name for it ... Your last one just made a mess of my monitor.  :o ;)

Are you still in Toronto? I would have gladly taken the brownie off of your hands.
I know I'm a newbie ... but, Weberitis has grabbed ahold of me ... and it won't let go until I feed it some more.  ::) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 03:55:11 AM »
So Mark...it looked pretty good, but you didn't say what you thought of it?  How did it taste?  Was it really good?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »
Judging from the picture it must have smelled good, I like that shot. It looks like the bacon is constricting the hamburger, how about the Anaconda Bacon Burger?

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 07:28:57 AM »
Jeff, it was delicious. The onions and cheese in the middle were great. Of course the bacon was bacon, enough said. The burger turned out a little tough though. I probably cooked it too long. I think I will keep this one in my list of fun stuff to grill.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »

That one pic is priceless !!!

"I gotta go snif the 'wich.....snif the 'wich................."

Grate Idea, too !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »

Yup, the Anaconda Bacon Burger!   8)

Dude, relax your chicken.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »
Are you still in Toronto? I would have gladly taken the brownie off of your hands.
I know I'm a newbie ... but, Weberitis has grabbed ahold of me ... and it won't let go until I feed it some more.  ::) ;)

I'll be in Toronto until the 30th of this month, then I'm heading back to the States. We've bought a house in Marion, IN. No way I'm getting rid of that brownie though. I looked long and hard for that one. As you've probably discovered, the colors are pretty rare in Ontario. Now, if you lived in San Francisco or Chicago it seems a yellow or lime turns up about every five minutes.  :o

Keep watching though, they do turn up every once in a while. I got the brownie for $20 and I got my Crate and Barrel Performer for $150. I was surprised to get the colors but also surprised with the good deals I found. Happy hunting! :D

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:20 AM »
It looks like the bacon is constricting the hamburger, how about the Anaconda Bacon Burger?

THAT'S IT!!!! The Anaconda Bacon Burger.

I have found my legacy. Eastex, since you named it you get to have a share of the royalties when I trademark it.  ::) That'll be fun when I invite people over and tell them we're having anaconda bacon burgers. It's exactly the kind of cook, that tastes great but is also a novelty, that I've been looking for.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: The Anaconda Bacon Burger - Should be in Food Pron
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
Okay, here are a few things I learned from this first cook:
1. The next time I do this I'll make sure to put the roti. forks on both ends and then criss-cross skewers on each fork so that it secures the burger on both ends. Hopefully, that'll keep things solid on the roti.

2.When I do that I won't be fiddling with the details so long that I overcook the burger.

3. Make sure to have the grate installed under the roti in case the whole thing comes crashing down.

4. Make sure to wind  the bacon in the proper orientation. That way, if one of the toothpicks I used to secure the bacon comes loose, the bacon won't unwind itself from the whole deal. The bacon did come loose on mine but luckily it had adhered itself enough that it just flapped in one spot.

Anybody else have any ideas or suggestions? If anybody else tries this make sure to post your results.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: The Anaconda Bacon Burger - Should be in Food Pron
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 09:29:09 AM »
Okay, here are a few things I learned from this first cook:
1. The next time I do this I'll make sure to put the roti. forks on both ends and then criss-cross skewers on each fork so that it secures the burger on both ends. Hopefully, that'll keep things solid on the roti.

2.When I do that I won't be fiddling with the details so long that I overcook the burger.

3. Make sure to have the grate installed under the roti in case the whole thing comes crashing down.

4. Make sure to wind  the bacon in the proper orientation. That way, if one of the toothpicks I used to secure the bacon comes loose, the bacon won't unwind itself from the whole deal. The bacon did come loose on mine but luckily it had adhered itself enough that it just flapped in one spot.

Anybody else have any ideas or suggestions? If anybody else tries this make sure to post your results.

Anaconda Bacon Burger. I love the name. It's perfect! Mark, maybe you can use butchers twine to hold it?

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791