Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2nd Brownie in 2 days. Code HC with belt & suspenders ash pans  (Read 707 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Ok, it's not really a brownie or a Weber, but it is brown & a vintage high quality Happy Cooker look-alike.

This brown Happy Cooker has, for whatever reason, a Weber EXTERNAL ash pan in addition to the Happy Cooker INTERNAL ash pan as a belt & suspenders approach by some former owner

It appears to be in really nice shape, so I might just keep it to try out & to have different brown that pretty much looks like a Weber.  The hinge system for the lid is really nice & ahead of it's time.  I'll have to see if there is an easy way to disconnect the lid from the kettle portion as I drove it home intact (it was raining & chilly, so I didn't want to try figuring it out).

Check out the cooking grate in the pics below from the ad.  It is SUPER THICK & HEAVY.  It's also in really great shape.  Does anyone knew if Happy Cookers always had cooking grates like this????

If they were standard, that would be an additional reason to grab one in addition to the internal ash pan.

For those that use the internal ash pan in their Weber, do you notice whether it significantly reduces airflow??

The charcoal grate seems to be a fairly new replacement because I remember seeing another where the grate actually fits within the internal ash pan.
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 2nd Brownie in 2 days. Code HC with belt & suspenders ash pans
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »
That would be awesome to have. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 03:47:17 PM »
Made in the Paris of the Midwest!
Paris, IL (at least that is where the company was from, I'll also mention the company name when I take a look at the vent again.  I think it was something like Marcos Manufacturing). 
regards,
Hal

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 05:52:25 PM »
Very nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app