Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26er not level?  (Read 1186 times)

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
26er not level?
« on: April 02, 2018, 07:00:43 AM »
I believe there was a thread about the 26er not standing level? I can't find it
It's a 2009
Mine does not stand level it seems like sitting back some. Anyone know why or how to correct?
I know maybe cutting the leg maybe correct but what's the deal-lee O yo?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
Re: 26er not level?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:07:41 AM »
Mine sits like that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:10:20 AM »
Oh yeah. Got that 26r lean going on. I think it was a problem with where the sockets were welded on. Some have registered and got sent a new bowl under warranty I believe.

I cut an inch or so off the top of the front leg. I put the grill on a level surface and used a long level to determine how much to cut. It’s easy.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 07:38:46 AM »
I musta got lucky.  My “DE” sits all prim & proper.  It really looks like your rear leg sockets are mounted high.

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »
... Some have registered and got sent a new bowl under warranty I believe. ...

Yep, it's a manufacturing defect which is why I have an "extra" 26 bowl I don't know what to do with. Might make a nice fire pit for marshmallows and hot dogs.

I could make another complete 26 with modified/longer rear legs, but buying the rest of the parts isn't cost effective compared to waiting for another to show up used. I don't even want to add up what a lid, grates, handles, lid bale, sweeps, triangle, wheels and so on would cost.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 08:43:57 AM »
I'v been calling mine Weeblewampus...
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
26er not level?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »
Thank you for posting this—got a new Bowl headed my way—now to find a 26.75 lid. (Anybody?).

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 11:38:40 AM »
And new sweeps, too? I got new acorn nuts for the wheels. Gotta love those silent upgrades.

Both seem random freebies, but maybe you told 'em your sweeps are going bad.

And you're second in line for that lid, Mister!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 11:42:34 AM »
I go my my lid and sweeps replaced...but not because it’s not level. The porcelain popped off inside the bowl and the bottom of the sweeps had some rust.