Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The reward at the end of the rainbow: UPDATED with resto/after photos  (Read 12204 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
I'll be honest and admit that when Bman popped up on the boards, I wasn't exactly all excited about it.  He lives fairly close to me, and the dude covers CL like a giant wool blanket, scooping up multiple kettles in a single day.  It was hard not to see him as a threat to my own kettle pursuits, so I was a little guarded (at least privately). 

But man-o-man-o-man I gotta tell you, I was totally mistaken.  The guy has served up free grills to me, and he's kept an eye out for stuff he knows I'm looking for.  Last night at midnight he texted me about the red SS he knows I've been looking for.  Even though he's suddenly got a larger collection of reds than me, he gave me the heads up (but not before emailing the seller to make sure we were on it first).  And I promise I never would have even seen the listing, since it was just outside my normal geographical search area.  I picked up the grill tonight-- it's a little rough, with some battle scars and needed repairs, but it's the red I've been dreaming of  ( http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2013/01/01/weber-chronicles-inspirations-part-1/  )

I'll get around to posting photos later, but for now I just want to get all sappy and thank Bman for his kindness and generosity.  The only thing better than finding your dream grill is having a friend you've never met help you do it.  And thanks to Troy and Brian and Duke and Jeff and Craig and G and AJ and Reilly and Marty and all of the other great people who started this great site where this kind of friendship and collaboration can take place, and to everyone one else whose contributions bring the magic.  It's a great day to be a part of the WKC. 

Now let's find a red SS for Bman!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:31:59 AM by mike.stavlund »
One of the charcoal people.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: The reward at the end of the rainbow
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
Now that's what makes the WKC a winning site. Some of the others just couldn't understand that. AJ and I have the same grillship going and we have scored some deals. Unfortunately I have seen him though. :-[

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
 :'(   :'(  :'(
 ;D
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Congrats Mike....sounds like Bman has some good karma coming his way.  Its only a matter of time before another red SS pops up. 

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
Kudos to BMan!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
Congrats Mike! Bman,  that is awesome.,  karma will prevail.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
The reward at the end of the rainbow
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »
That's what I love about this place!!  Hope that I have the chance to pay it forward some day myself.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 07:43:42 PM »
Mike was a little squeamish when I suggested he come over to this site, and now he is like the cornerstone of this place.  Glad you here Mike, and you better believe you would have had a much harder time if you were on any other site getting a hold of that performer...that is why this place is great...I know what the other guys around here are looking for, and If I can help them get it I will.  And vice versa..I think the term esprit de corps comes to mind....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »
love ya work Bman 8) 8)
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

AngelB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 03:22:29 AM »
Nice job Bman! 8) I scored my red s/s in the same manner thanks to Eastex! :)

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 03:29:29 AM »
Definitely good people on here!  Cant wait to get a chance to hook up with you guys over some bbq!
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 04:55:31 AM »
Good things from good people is a good day. 

Weather it's passing on parts or heads up on a CL, I feel we are all in this together.  It's like a team, when an indivusal player does good, the team does better. 

If I can help anyone on a eBay/CL pickup in the TN-AL-GA-N.FL area, let me know. 

Go Team WKC!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 06:46:33 AM »
You guys are like the gang of kids I never grew up with.. We all feed off each other and help each other.. And yes, I have met a few of you and will probably meet some others before I'm done.
This place is fantastic.
And Duke, please be sure to set up a spare hammockout back  before I come out again. Those long rides make me tired!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 10:42:06 AM »
Outstanding score and kudos to Bman!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 01:53:16 PM »
I gotta admit - Mike had be a bit nervous after I sent him the Kettle Emergency text & message.  He said he wouldn't have seen it and I should continue on trying to snag it.   :o  I know it was late & all, but I was wondering if he hit his head.   ???  Here's the pot of red-gold at the end of the rainbow and he's not on it?   ::)  I would have none of that!  Told him it's his and get on it.  I'd never feel good about picking that one up knowing full well THAT's what he's been looking for.  Like banging a buddy's girlfriend - ain't gunna happen.  I'm actually much happier he has it in his possession. 

Now that he has a red SS in the stable, I can finally add one to my grail list.   8)
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!