Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What the heck is this thing?  (Read 1069 times)

namtrag

• WKC Brave
What the heck is this thing?
« on: February 21, 2018, 04:29:44 AM »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What the heck is this thing?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 05:24:24 AM »
looks like a nice Structo to me cool little grill and neat color
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:26:45 AM »
I have never seen one...it looks like a early 1960's thing for sure!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:42:08 AM »
Yup, I think it is a Structo. Interestingly enough, I've seen these contraptions in my past, butt don't remember exactly who made them. Buy it. It's ugly enough to be cool.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 05:45:57 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown he has knowledge
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 05:50:31 AM »
There are so many makers of “brazier” style grills from the 50’s/60’s, that it can get confusing.  This mighta been made by Structo(?), based on color, but possibly is branded a Kenmore.  The wheels, riser/hood, and shelf match Kenmore grills I’ve seen before.  Handle looks beefy like Tonka.  The grate lifter looks like your typical Thermos brands (Structo, Buddy L, store brand) style lifter.

IMHO, it’s at the top of the price point.  However, it looks like it’s barely seen any use & is complete (as long as they have Roti motor with it). 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 05:57:54 AM »
There are so many makers of “brazier” style grills from the 50’s/60’s, that it can get confusing.  This mighta been made by Structo(?), based on color, but possibly is branded a Kenmore.  The wheels, riser/hood, and shelf match Kenmore grills I’ve seen before.  Handle looks beefy like Tonka.  The grate lifter looks like your typical Thermos brands (Structo, Buddy L, store brand) style lifter.

IMHO, it’s at the top of the price point.  However, it looks like it’s barely seen any use & is complete (as long as they have Roti motor with it). 

told you he had knowledge

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 06:39:18 AM »
Big Boy and Kenmore were another brand.
We had one without the hood or rotisserie and they were popular when I was a kid. They pop up now and then in immaculate condition with asking prices as high as $350. There are some that have a warming shed in the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 07:30:54 AM »

I think its totally worth it for $100 They claim its unused.  Its probably more rare than a lot of Webers!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 08:54:31 AM »
It's a cool grill, but the boss is already getting a little antsy about the fact we have 5 Webers so far lol

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 09:12:35 AM »
wow very cool , we had one kinda like like that but no walls or hood , darn thing had rotted leg sockets , kept falling over lol . one day i just barely brushed it and it fell over for the last time .my dad gave me a glare that signalled it was time to hop on my bike and go for a ride . i stayed away as long as i could till hunger took over only to come to a brand new top of the line charcoal bbq . big square thing with a hood /food warmer on top and cabinet on bottom with doors ! and a rotti to boot .funky 70's colours gold green combo. thing lasted forever . my sister got it when she got married .one day my brother inlaw must have used a whole bottle of fluid on it as the flames were licking the soffet ! lol . pretty sure i saved there house that day . but that was the end of a faithful grill r.i.p. i would go for it ! put a pair of new shoes for the boss ,always works for me lol !

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
It's an amazing grill...once you see the picture, you start recalling your childhood automatically!  (at least those of us in our 50's).

If anyone wants to check on the grill, I might be able to agent it for you.  I live in the same city as the seller.  I am not sure how easy it would be to box up and ship, or how much it would cost, but let me know if it's something someone might want.  I have been the recipient of some kettle karma, so would like to repay the favors I have received from you guys.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »
It's an amazing grill...once you see the picture, you start recalling your childhood automatically!  (at least those of us in our 50's).

If anyone wants to check on the grill, I might be able to agent it for you.  I live in the same city as the seller.  I am not sure how easy it would be to box up and ship, or how much it would cost, but let me know if it's something someone might want.  I have been the recipient of some kettle karma, so would like to repay the favors I have received from you guys.

I remember being in my 50's...  :) And I do remember these contraptions. It wood be cool to own, butt I have no room for it...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
My grandpa had one of those grills and I remember roasting marshmallows over it when I was a kid. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:54:23 PM by vader06 »
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 12:49:52 PM »
One cool thing about this old BBQ is that you can totally fab the top from scratch in sheet metal if it's beyond repair but that also makes it easier to copy. The cool thing about a Weber is that it's nearly impossible to replicate the bottom bowl or lid without tooling as big as a house! or really good weld and grind skills and a planishing hammer which hardly anyone has. That's one thing that makes collecting a Weber so unique.
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.