Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: St. Patrick’s Day Grill-a-thon. Last Day 3-25  (Read 11987 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: St. Patrick’s Day Grill-a-thon. UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 02:23:28 PM »
So we post the cooks in this thread right?  Also can we make more than one entry?  I’m cooking right now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I think so, just make sure Dan is aware.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 02:25:47 PM »
Complicated day, but came up with something new. It's my Grandaughter's seventh birthday today, and she's having a sleepover with five of her friends at my house = CHAOS!

Anyway, a full tilt Irish feast was not going to happen, so I came up with a relatively quick alternative. May I present:

ST PATRICK'S BALLS!

I didn't capture all the steps, cause, you know, sleepover. Basically its a mix of processed corned beef, saurkraut, grated swiss cheese, garlic, caraway seed and cream cheese, formed into balls, then coated in flour, buttermilk and panko, then deep fried. The sauce is an amped up Russian dressing with Sriracha. Very good! I did it on my Weber Summit side burner. I hope that counts.  ;)

Oh, and with kids you have to have dogs and burgers so I broke out the Wenie Wheel and fired up the Genny Jr.

The balls were great - like a reuben with a crunchy kick. That's it for me. Wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight...cause, you know, sleepover.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:28:18 PM by 56MPG »
Retired

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »
Those St Patrick’s balls sound amazing! I am still hoping to through something together but with my daughters 5th birthday and being buried at work not sure it will happen. Might be able to find something quick.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
After a long day of sausage making I had to feed 8 adults Reuben sandwiches. They turned out great. I smoked the corned briskets to about 195 degrees and then wrapped and put in a cooler. Briskets were sliced and sandwiches were constructed and grilled on cast iron. Here’s some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZogas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 07:27:54 PM »
Complicated day, but came up with something new. It's my Grandaughter's seventh birthday today, and she's having a sleepover with five of her friends at my house = CHAOS!

Anyway, a full tilt Irish feast was not going to happen, so I came up with a relatively quick alternative. May I present:

ST PATRICK'S BALLS!

I didn't capture all the steps, cause, you know, sleepover. Basically its a mix of processed corned beef, saurkraut, grated swiss cheese, garlic, caraway seed and cream cheese, formed into balls, then coated in flour, buttermilk and panko, then deep fried. The sauce is an amped up Russian dressing with Sriracha. Very good! I did it on my Weber Summit side burner. I hope that counts.  ;)

Oh, and with kids you have to have dogs and burgers so I broke out the Wenie Wheel and fired up the Genny Jr.

The balls were great - like a reuben with a crunchy kick. That's it for me. Wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight...cause, you know, sleepover.
Nice genesis jr!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
St. Patrick’s Day Grill-a-thon. UPDATE
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 07:39:02 PM »
Fairly traditional but I saw a recipe for Guinness smoked corned beef that I wanted to try.

Boiled for about an hour with seasoning and  bottle of Guinness (one for the pot and one for me [emoji2]). While that was going, got the grill going for a couple of hours of low and slow, with a chunk of apple wood.  Kept a nice steady 250 to 275 without any babysitting.

Foiled after about an hour with a little more Guinness.

Then  back on the grill for another hour.

Then got some red potatoes ready in the remaining liquid from the boiled briskets for a bit of nice flavor.

Made two flats so cut one thick for dinner and the other sliced thin for lunch meat. Overall it was a good recipe. It was nice and tender with just a little hint of smokiness.

Not Irish but managed to make a bunch of jerky today too.

So overall a very productive St Patty’s Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:45:22 PM by mcgolden »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 02:57:19 AM »
So we post the cooks in this thread right?  Also can we make more than one entry?  I’m cooking right now!!

Yes post in this thread, and post as many as you want.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 04:11:31 AM »
Tried something different (low cal) from our traditional Reuben... Corned beef and cabbage salad with dill pickle and Olive oil dressing.  Not bad but I missed my marbled rye.

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2018, 04:24:13 AM »
It sure would help my decision making.  IF I could see pics of more than a third of the entries !!!   :(

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Search of Blue or Green MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2018, 05:26:50 AM »
I did some pepper stout beef for the first time. A couple friends came over for dinner and I didn’t get any finish pics. Here is before the braise.

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2018, 06:24:50 AM »
St.Paddys Day was kinda quiet in Sandwich...spent most of the day watching NCAA hoops and drinking Guinness. Some great buzzer beaters in the tourney made for a fun day. As for the main course,  I went with my take on "Bangers and Mash". I used Aldis' Irish style bangers (thanks Dan for the great suggestion), little reds potatoes and baby carrots. Fired up the 18.5 green Gen1Platinun for today's cook and the Euro MT pulled chimney duty. Started with the taters, roasted with oil EVOO and Penzeys "Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave." Next onto the onions, sauteed in bacon fat and finished with some Guinness. Next was the gravy, classic roux with Guinness and beef stock. I added the onions back to the gravy and served over both the potatoes and bangers. I went with smashed reds instead of mashing them. Really a great Irish comfort food dinner and the black magic washed it all down, Slainté [emoji482]

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
St. Paddys day/Sunday cook was an updated traditional Corned beef, cabbage, carrot and red potatoes dinner. I started with a 4lb flat prebrined and seasoned with the packet included.  Fired up Lady DI for todays cook with the original Slow n Sear. Locked the SnS in at around 325 put the flat on a rack in a roasting pan. 2 hours into the cook I added some beef stock  and covered the pan with HD foil for another 1.5 hours then moved to the Genny Jr. to keep warm. The fresh slaw is red cabbage and shredded carrots w/Apple cider vinegar, sea salt, pepper and honey. Little red potatoes are thinly sliced and coated in Irish butter and smoked sea salt on top of the Weber half rack covered in HD foil.. I used sourdough ciabatta rolls for the sandwiches along with an Irish cheddar and stone ground mustard. OMG, one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:43:26 PM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »
Awesome cook @Scott Zee
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »
Man everyone's cooks look great!

I'll count all the votes over the weekend. PLEASE PM me with you first and second place votes. I would like to ship out this coming week.

Thanks to all who have posted so far look forward to seeing more post soon you still have 3 more days to post and vote.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!