Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Survivor Brownie find  (Read 3815 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Survivor Brownie find
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 03:43:17 AM »
Very nice.  That's a goodie!   Fire that Warrior up and put a Tomahawk steak on....

Beautiful Kettle!

My million dollar question for mint, vintage Kettle owners is do you use them?   Personally, I would.  I’m not a fan of “trailer queens.” 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love using my Sequoia, but it's not quite mint.  @harris92 does a pretty good job at cooking on "lookers"!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I do once or twice a season but then I clean them out, this is why I can't own new old stock models it would drive me crazy not to use them.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 04:01:42 AM »
Another stunner added to the @Jeff collection. CONGRATS!!  Must be a thing, I found my Coppermist with a matching cover as well, both in the same conditiion as yours. Cooked on a couple times and hung up to dry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 04:15:14 AM »
Great score!

Any backstory on the kettle and how it fell into your hands? Who, what, when and how - the usual stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Not too much as far as an entertaining story.
It was listed at an estate sale.  Wife went and looked at on the 2nd day of the sale.  It was marked with a ridiculously high price (for an estate sale that is).  On Saturday, the company running the sale marked everything down 50%.  Never got around to getting back out there that day.  Figured it would be gone with that markdown.  Woke up Sunday morning, called and asked if it was still there and they said yes...and everything was marked down to 75% off.  After that, I went to pick it up.  Kinda lucky to get it, thought for sure it would have sold the day before.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 04:16:33 AM »
WOW
I’m not a massive coppermist fan but that’s special

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 05:32:09 AM »
Beautiful kettle congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 05:50:33 AM »
Wow, what a beauty.  Hard to believe it was lasted at the estate sale that long.

Have you figured out the year?  Maybe a 73-74?
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2018, 06:05:40 AM »
DUDE!!! That is FLAW-LESS!!! Love that brownie!!! Especially the high fade on the lid!! Super jealous!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2018, 06:06:41 AM »
Wow, what a beauty.  Hard to believe it was lasted at the estate sale that long.

Have you figured out the year?  Maybe a 73-74?

73-74 for sure!!

Hansiurpils

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2018, 10:11:51 AM »
Awesome find!! Love that color, really really awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »
wait looking at those legs sockets I am sure I see some "unpainted" area.  Piece of junk, unacceptable.

Yup...it has some factory flaws in the paint.  I'll call Weber and request a replacement bowl and lid!
You should order a new woodhandle at Brian. That little split off nearby the rievet makes me nervous!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 02:47:18 PM »
Congrats! That sure is 10/10 condition. Love the thick mist ring on it.  Mine has a thick mist but yours comes up way higher. Mine is only 6/10 condition, but I love it just the same.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »
wait looking at those legs sockets I am sure I see some "unpainted" area.  Piece of junk, unacceptable.

Yup...it has some factory flaws in the paint.  I'll call Weber and request a replacement bowl and lid!
You should order a new woodhandle at Brian. That little split off nearby the rievet makes me nervous!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I may need to take this up with Weber CS and demand a replacement!   ;)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2018, 03:42:57 PM »
Entire WKC:  "Whoa, Jeff, that's a gorgeous kettle, please tell us how you found it!"

Jeff:  "Oh, no big deal, I saw this perfect kettle but the price was too high.  So I walked away from it for like three days, at which point it was 75% off.  Then I bought it."

Jeff:  "oh, and PS, it included a Corn-n-Tater Ring, which is impossible to find..."

Yo, that's how you roll when you are a stone-cold KETTLE ASSASSIN.  All hail Jeff, the source code of the entire WKC!!!
One of the charcoal people.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »
Entire WKC:  "Whoa, Jeff, that's a gorgeous kettle, please tell us how you found it!"

Jeff:  "Oh, no big deal, I saw this perfect kettle but the price was too high.  So I walked away from it for like three days, at which point it was 75% off.  Then I bought it."

Jeff:  "oh, and PS, it included a Corn-n-Tater Ring, which is impossible to find..."

Yo, that's how you roll when you are a stone-cold KETTLE ASSASSIN.  All hail Jeff, the source code of the entire WKC!!!
Haha, yeah maybe back in the day 10 years ago! That's when it really was like taking candy from the baby.  When nobody new of colors besides red, blue, and green. 
When I could pick up a baby blue Galley Que on Ebay for 76.00, or have a near mint yellow in Craigslist in Cali for 60.00 shipped to me, or a near perfect red JJ on Clist for 25.00.  The list goes on and on...but not anymore.  Glad my collection is near complete and I'm not starting out now!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »
Definitely an awesome pickup!  I love the face on the brownies!  Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!