Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Amazon lowers RED price to $149.  (Read 1588 times)

oldivers

• WKC Brave
Amazon lowers RED price to $149.
« on: January 18, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jorrtvh

• Smokey Joe
Re: Amazon lowers RED price to $149.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »
I'm at Lowes and just noticed that they have lowered the price to$149.00 as well.
18” Smoky Mountain, Blue C & B Performer, Black 22" One Touch, Black Smokey Joe

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:46:23 AM »
I wonder if weber issued a price reduction. With all of the bad reviews and warranty issues they are dealing with that this may be a way to help get them out. I saw a floor model at lowes the other day (first one I have seen in person) and I have to say, it's a really really sharp looking grill. I may need to save a bit and pick one up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
I wonder if weber issued a price reduction. With all of the bad reviews and warranty issues they are dealing with that this may be a way to help get them out. I saw a floor model at lowes the other day (first one I have seen in person) and I have to say, it's a really really sharp looking grill. I may need to save a bit and pick one up

Well, with all the bad press/lack of quality issues... could be. They're pretty, butt not that pretty 2Me...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »
Only reason I'd buy one is to get my youngest sons birth year, but for that I'd rather have a Euro SJ Premium.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

jorrtvh

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
I've been wondering what everybody thinks of these.  I was kind of excited when I saw they had come out with them.  I haven't l spent really any time searching these forums for opinions about the red kettles.  Anyway....what are the quality issues?  I just about brought one home with me today but thought I should research a bit first.
18” Smoky Mountain, Blue C & B Performer, Black 22" One Touch, Black Smokey Joe

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 12:19:12 PM »
I've been wondering what everybody thinks of these.  I was kind of excited when I saw they had come out with them.  I haven't l spent really any time searching these forums for opinions about the red kettles.  Anyway....what are the quality issues?  I just about brought one home with me today but thought I should research a bit first.

I like mine

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 12:53:54 PM »
I was also excited about these and tended to dismiss the early criticism as some enthusiasts being unrealistic in expectations. I finally had the opportunity to see for myself at Home Depot right before Christmas. The first floor model seemed ok but it had a lot of orange peel and the finish felt dry and not like good porcelain. There was a black Mastertouch nearby which had a far superior mirror finish and felt glassy smooth like porcelain should:

Much worse, though, was the second display model out on the floor for all to see. Have a look at this:

Apparently at least the early production of the kettles had both quality and shipping issues. I hope that these will improve, but my desire to own one myself has definitely dropped.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 04:36:17 PM »
I bought two. No quality issues with either.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:58:58 PM »
Looking at a floor model at HD the red finish was not as glossy as it appears in the pictures. It looked as if someone took a can of red spray paint and painted over the black.  I prefer the black. I would feel like idiot cooking on the red Christmas kettle.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:37:05 AM by BBQ Jack »

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 04:23:03 AM »
There was (maybe still is) a porcelain coating issue at the leg sockets. 

Nope. Knot4Me...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Amazon lowers RED price to $149.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »
Since Lowe’s price is also $149, use the coupon generator below to get yourself a Lowe’s $20 off $100 coupon to bring the price down to $129.  You’re welcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQEf09SMG1k8bfurXOVvR9PrFKVjKu16p-FWO-NStIs2VwgnzVqua9yOh-stRrOm1xhnXVndPtHoLNu/pubhtml

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:06:05 PM by crumbsnatcher »