Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shoutout to No1Agent, LightningBoldtz, buckeyesmoker, zavod44.  (Read 1219 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Shoutout to No1Agent, LightningBoldtz, buckeyesmoker, zavod44.
« on: October 30, 2017, 06:05:26 AM »
So this may look like a plain old photo but there's actually a lot going on here. 

The left kettle is a faded black A code, one that I owned previously.  I met up with @buckeyesmoker back in January to sell the A code.  After we had a beer and chatted for a bit we went out to do the deal but he said he had something for me first.  He pulled out a big box and inside was a Red Patent Pending 22.  Several members ( @Mr.CPHo , @Darko , @JDann24 , @TheDude , @buckeyesmoker ) got together and gifted me the redhead pictured below.  After my initial shock I just gave Larry the A code, no need for any payment.

After seeing many of the faded black kettles posted I missed the A code and eventually contacted Larry to give him a Blue OTG for the A code in return.

The red 22 in the middle of the first pic was one that I spotted on CL near Champaign, IL.  It was an impulse ask for an agent quickly responded to by @No1Agent .  We talk, he makes the trip, gets the grill, I send $ via PayPal and talk about getting it home.  He says he can bring it to the Detroit meetup and I can grab it there.  Awesome!

The red 18 was a tip from @LightningBoldtz to ask @zavod44 what he was selling.  He sent pics of the 18 and I was on the fence.  @LightningBoldtz pulled the trigger, bought the kettle and worked it out that @No1Agent would bring it to the Detroit meetup.  It comes time for the meetup, I load up the car and hit the road.  I was on 23N and was at a standstill for about an hour (very bad crash).  I realized that I wasn't going to make it to Detroit with enough time to hang out, enjoy the meetup, and get home at a good time before the kids were down for the night.  Bummed out I called Jeff and John and told them I couldn't make it and went home.  Weeks later I pay Jeff for the 18 and now he has an extra 22 and 18 at his house waiting to get to Columbus.  Lucky me, @buckeyesmoker had his Sequoia also being kept by Jeff in Detroit.  Larry was working in the area and made the trip up to get the Sequoia, and my 2 reds and brought them all home to Ohio.  Yesterday Larry and I met up at Roosters, had some wings and a beer (thanks again Larry for the wings and beer) then went out to the parking lot and exchanged grills.  I know the blue is at a good home, can't wait to see what Larry does with it.

Here is Larry cooking at his hotel up in the State up North:

It's amazing that people who honestly don't really know one another are so helpful here and willing to help get kettles moved all over the world.  I've seen some pretty amazing stuff and the WKC is really like no other.  Thanks to all involved and yes, Kettle Karma is very real.  I've done good Karma things and received many in return.  Keep paying it forward fellas and grill on.

-Brandon
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:23:01 AM by kettlebb »
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: Shoutout to No1Agent, LightningBoldtz, buckeyesmoker, zavod44.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:13:27 AM »
Grate story Brandon. Sometimes things just seem to come together.
Yes, what a great community this WKC is. Grill On!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:14:58 AM »
Sorry for the large images on the WKC site, I used pics.weberkettelclub.com for the first time.  Trying to figure out how to fix it...
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »
Glad we could make it work out for you.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 06:27:22 AM »
Resized the image files and edited the post. It should look better on the web now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 08:11:38 AM »
Great post, KettleBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 12:24:14 PM »
Wow great story!!..Great job by all!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »
Another great example of a the membership here. Thanks for sharing, Brandon. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
Yeah, great story, Travis is right!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
Great to have been a part of it. Plenty of karma has come back my way. This is a truly great community.
Still need a 22” yellow

No1Agent

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 07:50:51 PM »
That's awesome. I'm always here to help when I can. And glad it all worked out for you despite not being able to meet up. Maybe next time. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of teamwork and coordination. Nice work everyone! 
Wanted: Burgundy 18"