Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Curry Roasted Chicken  (Read 689 times)

Pat G

• WKC Brave
Curry Roasted Chicken
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »
I saw this rub rub recipe thumbing through a magazine and thought I would give it a try.

4# chicken, I applied sea salt and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.

I used my mandolin to slice the veggies, all fingers are still in tack.  Had a couple of old fashions during the cook.

I preheated the CI for about 20 minutes before throwing on the food.

I added some EVOO and chicken stock to the skillet them made a bed for the bird with the veggies.

30 minutes in.

Ready to pull off the grill.

All done.

This bird came out very juicy, the curry was not overpowering as I only put it on the outside skin.  I like the idea of cooking the bird in the CI. The veggies were really tasty, I will be using this rub  again just to make the veggies.  Thanks for looking. 8)
Performer Deluxe(Copper), 26 Kettle OTG, 22 Kettle OTG, Jumbo Joe, 18WSM, 14WSM, Genesis Gold B(Redhead), Q1200, Charcoal Go Anywhere, Gas Go Anywhere, Kettle Pizza & Vortex, Smoke

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Curry Roasted Chicken
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:09:44 AM »
Grate looking cook I love curry anything and an old fashion, nice cocktail, does the cocktail age us?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill