Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 3rd Gen Performer Going Out The Door Today  (Read 2254 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
3rd Gen Performer Going Out The Door Today
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:04:06 AM »
I picked this up a couple years ago... Cleaned up like brand new...I decided to gift it to a friend of mine that has always admired it...Another kettle leaving my arsenal going to a deserving home today.....

SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: 3rd Gen Performer Going Out The Door Today
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:16:06 AM »
A crimson, no less!  Good on you, @SteveZ!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:33:04 AM »
Well done brother. Kettle karma. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »
Well done, nice looking Crimson.  Makes me almost miss mine.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:41:54 AM »
I want to be @SteveZ's friend.
regards,
Hal

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »

I want to be @SteveZ's friend.

Lol!  Me too! Way to go @SteveZ!  I know how much you like your Performers! Very very kind gesture!  I am getting ready to work on my first Performer Restore myself!  Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:00:15 AM »
@Lowbrass      I do like my Performers! I have a stock of parts if you need screws, grommets. endcaps, star nuts. I have 2 First Gen frames finished still apart that just need Decent Kettles. I'm a little picky about the Kettles.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:09:35 AM »

@Lowbrass      I do like my Performers! I have a stock of parts if you need screws, grommets. endcaps, star nuts. I have 2 First Gen frames finished still apart that just need Decent Kettles. I'm a little picky about the Kettles.

Front caster wheels ??? One I just did the table top on is missing one , and the other is in sad shape .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:13 AM »
I don’t know why when i use the question mark it brings up that face emoji.... any way... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »

Hey @SteveZ do you have the GRAY end caps for an SSP? I think my brother in law needs a set, and I don't want to set him up with the black ones because my understanding is that Weber used the gray on the kettle-end due to the heat?

Also on the hunt for a "spare" burner/igniter assembly. His won't light with the button, and I can't remove the rusted screw wire to just replace the igniter. At least I don't think I can with limited tools and time here while I'm in town. And I don't know if it's the button or the ground that's the issue and don't have time to diagnose.

P.S. I'm in O'Fallon 'till Friday.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke David, good to hear from you! I just have a stock of Black. I don't see how the heat would affect them. Fresh out of spare burners, sorry I need to order one myself.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 11:35:22 AM »

@SteveZ I may take you up on that.  This one is in really decent shape but if you have any generation 2 white walls, it could use a new white wall on one of the wheels.  If don't mind black kettles, I have a really nice black kettle that I am pulling out of the frame that you can have.  Once again, it is a 2nd generation. I'll PM you with pictures when I get home, because I did have something come up during the dismantle that I have a fix for but isn't original, maybe you have some knowledge.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 12:11:32 PM »
@SteveZ , that one is a beauty.....good job by you with your generosity.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
A crimson, no less!  Good on you, @SteveZ!

I don't think that's a crimson. That looks like the old brick red color from around 2011 or 2012? I used to have that exact same Performer. I sold it to a fella way out west off I-70. I met him along the interstate and made the deal there.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »
DING DING DING we got a winner, give that man a cigar! 2010 Brick Red.........