Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First overnight  (Read 5520 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First overnight
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »

Safe to say you are not going to sell your WSM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'll be hanging onto it. Probably as long as I'm able to cook something.  Pretty incredible how long it holds temp. Can I expect similar results with other briquettes?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 05:35:27 PM »
I have done good with Stubbs and Weber. The Weber I wasn't sure how much to use, put about 15 lbs in, did a 6.5 hour cook, have at least 10 lbs left. Unbelievable. This is in a 22. I am figuring 24 hours on an entire back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »

Done, done, and done. The pork held 5.5 hours in the cooler no problem. Mac and cheese and baked beans in the wsm turned out great. I got 15 hours before adding fuel for the sides. Total cook was 17 hours for everything. Longest I've ever had a cooker going continuous. Pork is fantastic.

I also made Cole slaw so never a dull moment.

this thread ain't dead til you document that mac and cheese recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
First overnight
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »

Done, done, and done. The pork held 5.5 hours in the cooler no problem. Mac and cheese and baked beans in the wsm turned out great. I got 15 hours before adding fuel for the sides. Total cook was 17 hours for everything. Longest I've ever had a cooker going continuous. Pork is fantastic.

I also made Cole slaw so never a dull moment.

this thread ain't dead til you document that mac and cheese recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

It varies each time I make it. I par boil the noodles and set aside. I melt some butter in a sauce pan, add some milk, 1.5 lbs sharp cheddar, 1.5 pounds, Colby jack, a scoop of sour cream, a scoop of cottage cheese, some Tony's seasoning, a little hot sauce, a little mustard and cook until melted and stir in noodles. Pour into pan and top with some Parmesan cheese and paprika for color. I didn't do that last step on this time.

Spray the pan with pam before pouring in. It will prevent sticking when serving.