Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A friend offered me unopened box w/ a Silver Smoker Weber that says model 2000  (Read 2148 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ

This from the email-
"Hi Joey,         I know you love Weber's.  I was cleaning out my home for sale and discovered an unused,  unopened box with a Silver smoker Weber in it. It says 2000 on the box. "[

Does anyone know what that will look like or have a picture of one?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
I'm guessing it's the standard black Smokey Joe Silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Yea, SJS sounds most likely.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I remember buying a kettle and it had the old literature and there were models 1000- 2000. Well the anticipation will be fun. 

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Good luck, but then again you have a history of good luck when buying "black" BNIB Webers.
For the handles..
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28181

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
@captjoe06 good thing the offer is from a friend because I know you can't get away from work and go get it
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Thanks, yes I'm completely smoked at work. 3:30am to 6:pm six days a week. No fun at all.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
I need a new job if your hiring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I could use the help Joe-Joe

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
"It says 2000 on the box."

Does anyone know what that will look like or have a picture of one?[/color]

There's nothing in the SJ Model Database showing up as "2000".  Most of the SJ's have a model # that is 5 digits. Can you post a pic of label on the side of the box?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
"It says 2000 on the box."

Does anyone know what that will look like or have a picture of one?[/color]

There's nothing in the SJ Model Database showing up as "2000".  Most of the SJ's have a model # that is 5 digits. Can you post a pic of label on the side of the box?
I don't have the box. I asked my friend for a picture but he's kinda old so I'm not sure if he's "computery" enough to send one.  I don't think it's a SJ. I remember seeing some old Weber literature with 22 inch kettles with model 1000 and I think 2000.

The waiting game will be fun. I think tomorrow I should hear or see it

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Good luck, but then again you have a history of good luck when buying "black" BNIB Webers.
For the handles..
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28181

I wonder if whoever bought it has done a reveal?

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
It vacationed in Florida for awhile before heading back up North.☀️[emoji41]

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Well my friend sent some pictures.  Very exciting...

LOL. Very thoughtful of him to think of me.

I had visions of grandeur rolling around in my head.

I was off, way off. @blksabbath guesses correct and wins the boobie prize!

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Smokey Joes are awesome little cookers.  I'd be stoked to pick up a freebie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk