Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cleaning Performer Table?  (Read 1452 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Cleaning Performer Table?
« on: July 13, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »
I've got a Weber Platinum, which has plastic tables like the performers. Anyone know a good way to get deep stains out?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cleaning Performer Table?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 06:00:58 PM »
Dawn or simple green is where I would start

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 06:01:01 PM »
Here's is Jim's post about the performer cleanup, Mac. I bet they are the same material.

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2017/02/20/weber-performer-table-restoration/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Cleaning Performer Table?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 06:10:49 PM »
The table cleaning guide that Travis linked works perfectly. However, if you use the grill at all, it will stain up immediately. I thought about trying to clear coat or plasti dip mine for easier clean up but haven't tried it yet

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 06:45:32 PM »
@mcgolden - Those Platinum tables are the same type resin table found on the 2nd Gen Performers as Travis mentioned.  I have sanded down several of those Platinum tables.  The sanding technique should remove any stain.  I have not found a stain yet I could not remove by sanding. It is quick and easy but is a little messy.  Just make sure to wear gloves and a mask.  You can prevent further staining by following the last step in the guide,  applying the 303 Protectant.  It works somewhat as a sealer/ repellant. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »
I did apply 303 protectant via the wipes but the first drop of grease stained it immediately. Maybe I didn't apply enough protectant?

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 04:14:39 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 06:59:20 AM »
I did apply 303 protectant via the wipes but the first drop of grease stained it immediately. Maybe I didn't apply enough protectant?

Possibly. I have never used the wipes. I use the spray bottle and apply it pretty heavy, letting it soak in. Sometimes, two applications.  Applying it with the table in the shade helps.  It is a water based product and will evaporate quickly if applied in the sunlight and heat. After a couple of hours, I wipe it down and buff it lightly with a clean, dry rag.  It does have to be reapplied occasionally, especially if you do not use a cover on the BBQ.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 07:18:09 AM »
Mr Clean magic eraser...   works grate!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »
Mr Clean magic eraser...   works grate!

I guess I'll try this first since I have this at home and this seems the easiest. Otherwise I'll try the other options mentioned. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk