Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: my first impression  (Read 1983 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
my first impression
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »
hate the stuff so far

2 lighter cubes and 3/4 chiminey. as you can see hella smoke filled up my back yard.

1+ for it tho it lit in about 7 mins

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: my first impression
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:56:59 PM »
You can't hate it and plus one it on the same post. Read the forum rules

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bigssa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:31:27 PM »
How can you hate it when it has ALL of the buzzwords on the packaging: ultimate, professional, best, premium.
Clearly it was user error.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
You can't hate it and plus one it on the same post. Read the forum rules

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
lol ok comparatively speaking it has twice as much smoke as regular kbb and 5 times the smoke as Coshell. I prefer low smoke unless I'm adding it. lights really fast but also burns out fast. I can get 2 full cooks out of Coshell and cook burgers with kingsford.

a review can have pros and cons. I HATE that it has so much smoke that it fills my back yard like my house is on fire. I like that it's quick to light. and it cooks like normal kbb IMO

kob

• WKC Brave
my first impression
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:04:58 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Amount of smoke when lighting matter a lot to me. I found the same problem with Weber charcoal. I stick to kbb and RO. The RO smokes the least for me.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Amount of smoke when lighting matter a lot to me. I found the same problem with Weber charcoal. I stick to kbb and RO. The RO smokes the least for me.
i still need to try ro. my buddy gave me this kingsford, so hey free.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 10:34:53 AM »

I am a RO convert.  Love the stuff...tough to beat at regular price of less than 40 cents per pound.  BTW, RO is on sale right now at Lowes for $4.00 per bag....through July 5.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

kob

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »

I am a RO convert.  Love the stuff...tough to beat at regular price of less than 40 cents per pound.  BTW, RO is on sale right now at Lowes for $4.00 per bag....through July 5.
My lowes only has RO briquettes. I have only used their lump. Which do you use?

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »
side by side. Coshell on the left kingsford pro on the right both started at the same time look at the smoke difference

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 02:29:27 PM »
I have three large bags of RO lump on hand. I've used it before, and the stuff is very good. I've never tried the RO briquettes before, but I went to Lowes over the weekend and picked up a couple bags, along with a couple bags of Stubbs. The Stubbs stuff has always been great. If the RO briquettes are as good as you guys say I'll be kicking myself for not buying more. $4 per 15# bag is sooooo cheap.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »
So far I like
Stubbs
Royal Oak Chef's Select (ROCS)
Royal Oak Ridge (red bag)
RO lump

Still haven't tried my sample of the Weber charcoal but I bought a bag of it at Meijer for $12.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.