Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Son of a biscuit!  (Read 1798 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Son of a biscuit!
« on: June 26, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »
Mmm sausage biscuits sounded so good..yesterday.  Currently I'm in the middle of renovating the kitchen at the house. Which means the refrigerator and stove are in the living while I tile(screwup) the floor.  In the past I've used this method in the oven with great results.  I decided yesterday (and also this morning) to give this a shot on the kettle.  I made a few adjustments to the cook this time that benefited the biscuits and gave me more space.  Yesterday I had the stone on the grate and the pan kinda tilted which worked out ok.  The biscuits took a tad bit longer than the sausage. So today I modified the setup. Placing the charcoal baskets on the grate and pizza stone on top of that to do two things. Bring the biscuits closer to the lid for heat to radiate down and it gave me just the right amount of room for the cast iron pan to lay flat on the grate. 

The stone gives the biscuits that really nice crispy bottom without burning.  For the record I bought flaky grands and store bought sausage.   There is a biscuit recipe I want to try from a cook at work.  Hers are fantastic and hopefully she will give me the recipe. 

Enough typing here's the results!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Son of a biscuit!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
That looks amazing! Love me some sausage and biscuits
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
YES PLEASE!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:32:19 AM »
That looks like success to me! PERFECT!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
That's a hell of an idea.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:00 AM »
This southern boy approves. Now get some gravy action going on the kettle ! LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »
Great job, I'll take two, please ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
Niiiiccce!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »
Nice! Was there a smokey flavor to the biscuits?
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »
Actually it's very faint in the biscuits.  By the time the pizza stone is good and hot the coals are burning pretty clean.

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »
Looks great!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 01:31:14 PM »
Yum!!!   ;D
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 01:40:37 PM »
Looks good. I like baking on the grill. But have only made scones and a pizza so far. Will be experimenting more.