Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone actually own the Jumbo Joe Premium 22"  (Read 1591 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Anyone actually own the Jumbo Joe Premium 22"
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:07:27 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever used one of the Jumbo Joe Premiums from Walmart.  They look cheap and everyone says they are garbage, but just curious if someone has one.  I figured someone on here has to have one and have an actual opinion on them. 

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Anyone actually own the Jumbo Joe Premium 22"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:40:19 PM »
I've seen them up close at Walmart. Assuming the lid and bowl are porcelain enamel, they look like they would be ok. There are no leg sockets. The legs bolt in via a bolt through the bowl if memory serves correct.  That might be a point of failure down the road. Aside from that, they look like they are way better than other competing cheap kettle grills imo. However, having the single vent on the bottom for a 22" grill would hinder its performance from both a cooking aspect and ash clean out aspect imo. The $99 dollar original kettle looks like twice the grill for not much more money. I would buy a used ots if short on cash.

Again, I haven't cooked on one so all theoretical. Maybe the coals being closer to the cook great would be good for some cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:54:44 PM by HoosierKettle »

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone actually own the Jumbo Joe Premium 22"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »
I have one that I got for FREE!

I love it..........couldn't wait to chop that badboy up!

It is such a versatile grill!!!!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
I call the POS what it is, China Joe.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:45:00 AM »
Post Of The Week !!! From swamp😂 Love your work
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 03:41:09 AM »
In all fairness, if all you were doing was grilling it would be fine.

The handles are specific to this cooker and won't fit on common kettles. The legs bolt onto the bowl. Wheels are blackwalls but the axle frame appears to be the same size.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!