Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cafe Globe  (Read 1649 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Cafe Globe
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »
Just picked a freebie Cafe Globe gas kettle that was listed on CL. Literally a 45 second drive from my job. The burner is warped, which is why the guy was getting rid of it. I see a lot of possibilities.....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Cafe Globe
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »
Can't beat FREE.  Is that a metal table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »

Can't beat FREE.  Is that a metal table?

SS. Legs are SS but the cart is plastic. Doesn't feel too sturdy, but the guy says he had it for about 15 years. Pretty cool shelving system. I'll get more pics posted later.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »
that's a pretty bad ass cart.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »

SS. Legs are SS but the cart is plastic. Doesn't feel too sturdy, but the guy says he had it for about 15 years. Pretty cool shelving system. I'll get more pics posted later.
That's too bad. My wheels started turning right away. If it woulda been, that design would make an awesome prep table.  Coulda mounted some angle iron under handle opening to slide a rectangular garbage can into.

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 03:51:35 PM »
22" bowl... maybe WSM cart. I'm getting a Performer Platinum soon. Maybe the table will fit that.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »
I can fix it!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

mewecht

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
Nice!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »
I picked up a Sunbeam several years ago that shares alot of design features with yours Bob. The tops are green porcelain like the lid, the burner is super heavy duty with a shelf under the kettle that holds a grease bucket and junk. After making a new heat diffuser plate and replacing the hose & reg it worked great, both times I used it.

Seems like a fairly well built cart, I'v dragged it in & out of the brush, that grew up around it, a couple times and its still sturdy. It was in the line up for a little while but after a couple days I planned on having a guest and hauled it into the brush so they couldn't see it. I used it to make some bone meal, sterilize sea-weed & chicken shit and put it back in the brush. It cleans up quick & easy too, I could be flippin burgers in 10 min.

This ones almost easy to find around here, but I'v never seen one like yours.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:19 PM »

the burner is super heavy duty with a shelf under the kettle that holds a grease bucket and junk.

No idea how the burner on this one got warped... it is definitely a beast. I've got a few other projects going right now, then I'll see if I can get this one going. If not, i'll see about mounting a Weber on it.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
That'll oughta be a bastard...