Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Non-gas Logo SSP and a surprise (pic heavy)  (Read 1004 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Non-gas Logo SSP and a surprise (pic heavy)
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:03:27 PM »
Saw it this a.m. a mere 5 miles away. Bing, bang, boom, and it's on the truck. I love when it goes like that! From the ad pics I couldn't tell if it was a genuine logo and/or what brand it was. Turns out it's an EE ('99) Snyder's of Hanover.

Seller said he's had it for 3 or 4 years but switched to gas. He bought it from the original owner, "a guy who won it at a raffle".  :)

Nice and greasy inside the bowl, which is the best anti-rust  scenario! The stuck sweeps moved freely after a quick clean. The ash bucket collar bar had been bent down on either end so the bucket was hanging quite a bit lower than normal, but I was able to press it back into position and it all works good now.

The axle and charcoal holders are rusty but the tray is pretty good.

As the pics show there was a bunch of stuff in the charcoal bin. I took a picture after removing each item just in case something was hidden in there, as has been the case w/ other SSPs. I didn't disturb anything in the bin other than to remove each thing one at a time and take a pic. And just like Cracker Jack, there was a prize inside.

Anyway, I take this buy as a sign from the ghost of Al Davis that I should remain a Raiders fan, no matter where they call home because, as a wise man said, "they're still the Raidiz".

I gotta figure out how to change Snyder's to Raiders. Halfway there already.

A collar bar! I need one for my recent Red SSP buy to go along w/ the NOS 7409s bought from @dhole.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:35:58 PM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Non-gas Logo SSP and a surprise (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:24:20 PM »
dude that logo is awesome!!

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »
Way to go charred.  Glad you saw the light on the Raiders!   It was just pretzel logic...

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
Way to go charred.  Glad you saw the light on the Raiders!   It was just pretzel logic...

brilliant @Raindog ......I detect the El Supremo.

I gotta hear that right now.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 04:20:28 PM »
wow.. is that  NOS ash catcher bar.. ?  maybe the last NOS OEM weber ask catcher bar seen??

nice find man
Grills

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 12:57:17 AM »
That catcher bar is icing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM