Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: anyone just poke some holes?  (Read 987 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
anyone just poke some holes?
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »
on my outrider recently got some new 18 grates and discovered that the outsider grate is half an inch bigger then the normal 18 grate. anyone just poke a few holes to put some bolts in to accommodate the normal 18 or does everyone just get the outrider grate?
reason i ask is cuz ereplacementparts.com has it but shipping nearly doubles the price

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: anyone just poke some holes?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
You can totally do that to get up and running. Weber direct usually offers flat rate $7 shipping
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

kob

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »

on my outrider recently got some new 18 grates and discovered that the outsider grate is half an inch bigger then the normal 18 grate. anyone just poke a few holes to put some bolts in to accommodate the normal 18 or does everyone just get the outrider grate?
reason i ask is cuz ereplacementparts.com has it but shipping nearly doubles the price
I picked up an outrider today and ordered a new grate. The one it came with is salvageable I think if you want it. A good soak and scrub could get the rust off. Not sure what the general consensus is on grate restoring.

stev

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »
Brush it clean, oil it and use as is

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »

I picked up an outrider today and ordered a new grate. The one it came with is salvageable I think if you want it. A good soak and scrub could get the rust off. Not sure what the general consensus is on grate restoring.
if you don't mind holding on to it. I do no when the next time I'm gonna be out that way is. if you don't have room don't sweat it I'll eventually order one lol

kob

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

if you don't mind holding on to it. I do no when the next time I'm gonna be out that way is. if you don't have room don't sweat it I'll eventually order one lol
I brushed and oiled it a little and it's definitely still good. I will hold onto it for you. I will be heading that way eventually. Maybe you can agent something for me in return ;)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 01:07:02 PM »
sure